Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last Year Pictures

Today's Saying

May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions. ~Joey Adams


The last of our year end pictures.
Pennie chaperoned the youth to the ELCa gathering in New Orleans and there she fell in a hole and sprained her leg.
Betty and I really enjoyed our visit to the local county fair.
We had Sand Cranes in our back yar, well almost.
Betty made the dog costume for VBS and the slime they poured over the Pastor.

This year we all went to Peter's for Thanksgiving and everybody came here for CXhristmas.
I hope you enjoyed our year in pictures.



Somewhere in Pigeon Falls a mother plays a DVD of old cartoons that ran in the Movie theater.
Chief Ican is waiting for his sister to arrive on the noon train. He hasn’t seen her or her three children since he moved to Pigeon Falls and is looking forward to the visit. Of course, she will also bring Miss Apricot , the family cat , which has never liked the Chief, but for the sake of family you put up with the little things. His sister is a widow , lives in Flint Michigan, and runs a little dress shop there.
The Chief is planning on taking a few days off when she arrives and will turn the magic watching over to his deputy.
Mrs. Trumble and Robert have discussed things that can be done using Robert’s power if the magic becomes a real problem and not just a cute diversion. The problem is they are working with a child’s imagination and have no idea what will come next. Each event has to be reacted to on its own.
Nancy is wondering if her poltergeist will be of help if the magic turns ugly. It might constrain a mythical monster or two.
Most of Pigeon Falls, however, has paid very little attention to the magic. People are busy doing after Christmas things like returning gifts and visiting friends. Some have even taken down their Christmas tree, already.
Somewhere in Pigeon Falls a child says:
Сильні гризунів врятувала день.

15 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I hope a real live Nell didn't just get tied to the train tracks by Snidley Whiplash. Without Dudley Doolittle, this could get messy.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I did enjoy your year of pictures. All the best Dr. J for the New Year!
<><

2:08 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

A review in pictures, I love it!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Wonderful pictures, Dr. John!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I DID love the year in review in pictures! Pennie's halloween costume is fabulous! As was Betty's dog costume! (I think this is the first time I finally saw the head!) And I'll have to get that recipe for slime... I'm sure I can think of a Pastor who just neeeeeeeeeds to be slimed! ROFL!

LOL! Dudley Dooright I think! But Quilly's got it goin' now! Here he comes to save the daaaaaay.... hellllp! HELLLLLP!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

What a blessing you have in family!

And you are more blog savvy than I..I don't know how to make collages;)

5:57 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Melli: I thought that was Mighty Mouse!

9:54 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Hmmm - this ones got me stumped for sure Dr. John. I'm hoping nothing happens to Miss Apricot. I do have a special place in my heart for animals.

Lovely pics. Thank you so much for sharing them with us(me).

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great recap this was. Thanks for reviewing your year and in pictures now less. They were excellent. I love the name of the car, Miss Apricot...sooo funny.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

More great photos Dr. John.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Very Happy and Healthy New Year. x

12:19 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am looking forward to your first post in 2010.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I liked your last act on the picture show. Thank you for showing your home. It looks nice with all the lights (and snow??).

It seems that if New York City had this problem those very large rats could fix it. Never understand the power of strong rodents to save the day.
..

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

As a cute diversion the magic is great.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Lovely way to wrap up old times in 2009, unforgettable photos!

Thank you for sharing!
Wishing 2010 photo gallery is brighter:)!


http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
just in case you wonder where I live.
Happy New Year!

11:47 PM  
Blogger aya ahmed said...

شركة تركيب طارد حمام بالمجمعة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرس
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بجدة
شركة مكافحة صراصير بجدة
شركة تنظيف منازل بالباحة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالباحة

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home