Monday, October 12, 2009

Over . It is Over

Today's Saying

When you start treating people like people, they become people. ~Paul Vitale


Our contest is over.
I feel a sense of relief.
I thought I might be stuck for months trying to get a winner.
Here are the people whose names were drawn and the number of times.
Gattina 3
Dulce 2
Melli 3
Mellisa B
Peter Worldman
Aims
Akelamalu
Diana
Mama Zen
Sue

The odds against Dulce ,Melli, and Gattina be drawn once were about 1 in 17.
The odds against their being drawn twice in a row were
1 in 289.
The odds against Mellisa B being drawn once were about
1 in 298 as she had only one entry.
This always fascinates me. Luck is such a strange thing.
Melli got picked three times but Quilly who had as many slips in the bucket didn’t get picked at all. Neither did Thom or the Old Fart who commented almost every day.
But Gattina beat the odds.
She won:
a book , “ The Cat Who had Fourteen Tales”
A full gram of Spanish Saffron
3 Halloween finger puppets
3 Halloween bats
A genuine Irish Collector’s Spoon

And a 3 disk 51 language immersion disk set.

I will pack them up and mail them out by Thursday.
Now I have to decide if I want to run another contest.


(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)
Pigeon Falls is back to normal. The dragons fly over every day, the whale comes and goes from the Lake of the Loons, the Ghost Piano plays on schedule and in tune, and the heroic poltergeist is back juggling cups at Nancy's Coffee Shop. You can't get more normal than that.
The Guardians arranged for the army of wooly elephant like creatures and riders to return to their dimension with the thanks of the Guardian Council and the town. The gateway is now closed most of the time but visits of the bouncing heads are being arranged and Calab is going to visit their dimension. He says it will be like visiting Oz but without Dorothy.
One Guardian left with the Alien space ships. Tommy's father and the other Guardian have returned to the Guardian Council. Tommy's father is arranging to cease being a Guardian and will marry Mrs. Trumble and live in Pigeon Falls. When he finishes the process to cease being a Guardian he will age normaly but retain his powers or most of them. It will take a month for him to process out.
Pastor Joan has a healrthy baby boy but she and her husband can't agree on a name. They have until the Baptism on Sunday.
Life in Pigeon Falls is good and getting better.
Except for old Mrs. Pemberthy who swears there is a gremlin living in a hole in her back yard. Eino says that's nonsense there are no gremlins.

Wrap Up-Good breathing day. Got caught up on a lot I let go while the grand kids were here. I miss them and the dog really misses them. She is so sad. My sister Dawn called to let me know about my other sisters COPD. Got a nice e-mail from the office of my bishop . Am still waiting for Gattina to e-mail me her address.
My grandson left us a raspberry pie he made while he was here and Betty and I had a piece at tea time. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, The positive vision is a step towards positive walk.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

What a great holy Truth That saying is!
And yes, maths and luck go hand in hand or..., don't they?
Always a mystery.
(Still you owe me Saturday visit)

3:30 AM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Congratulations to Gattina!

I think Pastor Joan should name the baby Tommy. ;)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

What a fun, fun contest...and congrats to Gattina!

Appropos of nothing, since the Pack had a bye this weekend: Have you a prayer for the pitiful Green Bay Packers? They need to heal...or get rid of Ted Thompson. Or maybe both?

7:27 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

It IS odd the way the ODDS work! If Gattina reads that book, she will LOVE it! I have read all the Cat Who books by LJB - and I've missed that little town ever since I got done!

A GREMLIN now! Ohhhhh boy! A mischievous lot they are!

And... the WRAP UP is back! YAAAAAY!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again to Gatinna...she is an odd one to win LOL Just a play on words. Hmmm now Gremlins in Pigeon Falls...interesting.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

That's a big treasure chest!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Well done Gattina! :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Congrats to the Winner Gattina, How did you figure out the Odds Dr John,

Now you know why I don't buy Lotto Tickets.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Woot! We have a winner!
Love todays saying too.
<><

12:46 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Woot! We have a winner!
Love todays saying too.
<><

12:46 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Congratulations Gattina! And I don't think that the gremlin is nonsense at all!
Love Di

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Tommy's father is moving to town? This could be interesting.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Carma Sez said...

Isn't that the amazing thing about odds - totally unpredictable. Congratulations to your winner. And how sweet of your grandson to swing by with some Raspberry pie :-)

5:09 PM  
Blogger forever lost said...

well i hate it that i missed out on a contest! and FINGER PUPPETS,
thanks for coming by and i put up a very late 55!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I love the Braun books! I read a truckload of them when I was in Friday Harbor.

Hooray for Mrs. Trumble and her lost love. Hooray for Tommy finding his real parents. And then there's Eino -- I think that man was born in Egypt and Baptized in deNile!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I just thought of something... Is Mayor Trumball's first name BETTY?

3 Cheers for the good breathing day! I'm so sorry that you and Maggie are missing the kids. I'm also sorry to hear that now your sister has COPD. I suppose you'll have stuff to share with her...

Raspberry pie sounds very good! I just finished a piece of HOMEMADE from the PUMPKIN pumpkin pie that Amanda & Luz made this past weekend! They made FOUR of them and Amanda dropped one off to me this morning! I had to leave for Bible study right after supper, so I just had my dessert! Boy did it taste like MORE ... but I'm being good. Still lickin' my lips though!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Jim a.k.a. Dr. Jim said...

Congratulations to Gattina! If she doesn't want the book, “ The Cat Who had Fourteen Tales,” I would like to have it.
That book would make a good addition to my library.
..
BTW, I have a little poem story at
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/
(paste it) right now.
..

9:07 PM  
Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

Two terrific things have just happened in my family! I'm not superstitious, but I'm tempted to buy a lottery ticket. What are my chances mathematically?

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home