Friday, July 17, 2009

Flash 55

Today's Link
Titus the Dog

Today's Saying
Consider how much more you often suffer from your anger and grief, than from those very things for which you are angry and grieved. ~Marcus Antonius

Today's Picture
Betty's sister Susan and husband Bob

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story.
Discrimination

There are lots of whites and no blacks.

That is not acceptable to me.
So add a black or even two blacks.

But there will still be many whites.
So get rid of some whites.
Remove them !

But then we will be short .
What should we do?
I don't know .
It's your group's



crayola box.

_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the fourteenth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood
The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE

King Underwood proclaimed a day of rejoicing throughout the land.The square table was saved.
Sir Laughsalot had folding metal legs made for it and laughed when the termites broke their teeth.
But the poor First Chair Knight still did not have a leg to stand on and now his wooden arm was under attack.

News From Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I still can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

Tommy UK has had the same dream several nights in a row.
In it he is a baby being held by his birth mother.
But he can't see her face.
In each dream he comes closer to seeing her.
Tonight might be the night and it might be an actual memory not just a dream.


Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.
Wrap UP
I tried to visit all the flass 55 blogs but we really need a linksy. I'm sure I'm missing sum. I visited all the blogs that visited yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**********************************************

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the people suffer from others happiness rather than their own sadness.

4:45 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Another unexpected ending there. And I'm pleased the termites lost :-)

5:38 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

There is room for everyone..if we think outside the "box"

Good one, as always.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

That was a bit unexpected, but a good story none the less. I will have to check out the Dragons lair later.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

My crayon box has LOTS of colors.

Those termites with broken teeth are learning to make sawdust soup.

I am afraid Tommy is going to be hurt and confused when he learns who his birth mother is.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I prefer the multicoloured box myself! Clever 55 Dr. John. x

7:42 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Nice 55!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My site it back up and running :) Excellent 55. Colors so brighten the world. :) I love Sir Laughsalot. Too funny. I can't wait to see who Toommy UK's mom is :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Another good story with the crayons, loved the termites without teeth.

12:14 PM  
Blogger hope said...

Colorful on one hand, funny on the other...you made my day! Nice work.

3:31 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

It's amazing how many common items you can squeeze a message and a metaphore from eh Doc?
I would have LOVED to have heard one of your sermons..
But I bet your wife might beg to differ...:P
Thanks for helping out today, please have a Great Week-End...G

4:42 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I find children don't care much for crayons anymore. They always seem to want markers or colored pencils. I have a full set of perfectly good crayons.... but only ONE white and ONE black! It's a perfect box actually... thanks!

Tommy is seeing his MOTHER??? Oh boy! I just might faint!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

lol! I Love color box!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

Loved the stories...and funny, I just came up from our basement, where we're planning a train town under the window for the kids. Must find some dragons for it!

Good luck, Tommy!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

I held my breath as i read...I like my crayon box to be multicolored too.

Thanks for visiting me Dr. John. :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

I held my breath as i read...I like my crayon box to be multicolored too.

Thanks for visiting me Dr. John. :)

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like my crayons box to be filled with many colors!!

Teeth-less termites are the best kind!

Can't wait to hear what Tommy dreams/remembers next!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

i like my crayola box filled w many colors as well. i enjoyed all the 55s. i tried telling g-man we need a linky & offered to help him set up one. maybe i'll try emailing him at some point and tell him how to get one started. :)

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Boy have I been missing in action. I had to back track all over the place to catch up with what Tommy UK is up to.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home