Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Obama Disappoints

Today's Link
Poetry Corner

Today's Saying
Metaphysics may be, after all, only the art of being sure of something that is not so, and logic only the art of going wrong with confidence. ~Joseph Wood Krutch

Today's Picture
Ella & Betty at Bible Study


Our President made a political decision not to try the Bush administration for acts of torture committed while Bush was President.
I think it was a bad decision.
No I am not like some of those on the left who are drooling over the possibility of punishing Bush.
They are out for blood.
They want revenge.
They hate the former President.
They know in their hearts he’s guilty.
Obama greatly disappointed them.

But that's not my reason.
I don’t know if he is guilty of anything at all.
I know what he did was unethical.
I know we should never let our country do it again.
But was it against the law.
I have this terrible fear it wasn’t.
If it wasn’t we need to know.
We need to fix the law to prevent any future President from doing this.
The only way to know is to go to trial.

I understand where Obama is at.
I know that it would upset people.
I know it would further divide the country.
But I am still disappointed.
We can’t fix it if we don’t know it’s broke.
It’s not enough for The President to say we will never do it again.
The next President may say something else.
Let’s get it settled.
Let’s spell it out.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
The tracking device came today and the Constable went immediately with it to the Bergall farm. There he began to track the missing cows. The machine took him to the middle of the field then it stopped. There was nothing there but the machine seemed to think the cows were there. That’s when the constable decided to read the directions ( real men don’t read directions they just know). But even after doing everything the directions dictated the machine kept pointing to the middle of an empty field. Finally the Constable decided the machine was defective and he would have to send it back and get another.
While he was gone from home another call came in, three more chickens were missing.
Petrovich will be posting a new driblet tomorrow, at least that’s the rumor.
Tommy UK finally got a hold of his uncle in Iron Mountain and they are going to get together next Saturday. Tommy hopes to get information about his birth parents.

Wrap UP
Last Thursday Betty took Ella to Bible Study. The ladies just loved her and Ella showed some real insight into the text they were studying. But what Ella liked best was the coffee afterward.
Another good day even though it started off with snow. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday. My sister Dawn called . Melli has arrived. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************************************

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow more chickens disappearing and a faulty tracking device...puzzling. Can't wait to find out about Tommy UK's birth parents.

On another note I so don't think what the Bush administration did was anything like breaking the law. These people were terrorists. Try and think back to the Edward R. Murrow Building, 9/11. When cowards to that to this country whatever means it takes is acceptable to me. Remember all the lives that perished in an unforgiving manner in just those two events. American Lives!!!! Tell the families of the deceased that you are disappointed. I couldn't even look them in the face and begin to say such a thing. One thing I do admire about you Dr. John is you are not out for revenge or blood. I just don't think this was against the law at all...Hell with the terrorists

1:12 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Those Bible Study ladies don't look much like they like Ella. Not a smile in the bunch! Ella must not have been there long or they all would have been laughing. She's a real charmer.

I am a bit surprised that you'd give a hyper active elephant coffee!

Invisible cows and chickens? Is Mark still around somewhere?

1:22 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

We have several inches of new snow on the ground this morning! Do I really have to go outside? This past weekend it was nice enough to work in my flower gardens.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Whether Bush and his administration broke the law or not is something they and they will have to live with. Some day they will have to answer to a higher power and God will be the Supreme Judge. Put it in the Lord's hands Dr John and have faith that he will do what is right.

I look to our Wonderful Country and see the Crooks and Charletons that are running it and what they are doing and seem to be getting away with.

I also believe in what Numbers 32:23 teaches "You have sinned against the Lord; and be sure your sin will find you out.">

3:04 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I suspect the real reason Obama is not prosecuting anyone for torture is that he already knows they were not acting illegally, so why waste money, time and effort on a trial. The trick is to make it illegal in the future. History has shown us that torture does not provide reliable information, tortured people only tell you what you want to hear. Torture is punishment, pure and simple and only brings out the worst in the torturer.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I agree that if it was within the law, THAT needs to change. It seems that we COULD pay expensive government lawyers to go through the whole thing without an actual trial for discovery purposes... and then change the laws. I have to admit that I did not LIKE President Bush ONE BIT and don't believe he ever DESERVED to be in office... but his time is past now... this is a time to renew and rebuild. REBIRTH! LOL!

NOW I am jealous! SO jealous! Ella went to Bible study with Betty... without ME! I just wanna stomp my foot and shout NO FAIR!!! I bet I will make those ladies smile!

Oh COOL! I'll BE there on Saturday! I can get the news of Tommy UK parentage FIRST HAND!!! Whooo hooo!

WHY do I suspect that Petrovich's driblet is going to mention disappearing 3's???

3:34 AM  
Blogger dmarks said...

I think there is a far greater danger from several Democrats in Congress planning to censor "unfair" political views on broadcast media than there was from the interrogation situation.

4:04 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Let sleeping dogs lie....

4:23 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

What's done is done it's sad to say. Hopefully now everything is getting better. At least there is some hope.

I think Ella is the first elephant to study the bible ! I am sure she liked the story of Noah's ark !

5:23 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Some commentators are saying that by law, if Obama doesn't pursue this, he is breaking the law. But probably some in the congress will look into it.

5:40 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

The mystery of the birth partents unfolds!

6:29 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Watching from another country I sometimes cheer what is going on and I sometimes tear at my hair.

President Obama has given the whole world hope. I missed the recent news so didn't read about this. My thoughts on it are that he will not be doing it and that is a good thing. His values are impressive and the attempt he is making is impressive. How quick everyone is to judge him. Give the man a chance. He's been in office for how long?

I do understand what you are saying Dr. John. Totally. From here Bush was despised. For a very long time. We were very happy to see a change happen and the hope that President Obama brings to the whole world - wow. No matter what there is still that.

9:14 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

there is no way a person (or even a god for that matter) can please everybody. the purpose of some things may not be apparent and may even cause disagreement in the short run but... let's hope this is for the better

10:20 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

There was a Newsweek article a while back in which Dick Cheney suggested that Obama wouldn't be so quick to condemn Bush's tactics once he knew all that the administration knew. I hope that Cheney is not being proven right.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Hey guys...Obama is just but a political pawn as was GWB
You need to forgive them both for they know not what they speak..they wake up in the morning, fed serials, party rhetoric shoved down their throats, teleprompter set-up AND WE'RE OFF THE SHOW AND TELL PARTY
Dog and pony how that is

8:07 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Ella gets out more than I do.

Does she know how to do a rain dance? I'm still waiting for the rain.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

Hi Dr.John,
Thanks so much for posting the link to my blog on your blog. I'm truly honored.
Thought I’d check what you are up to and what a nice surprise!!

Yes, many people are disappointed...

Flying dragons and running trains in the basement… well, life IS good!!
That’s terrible to have your cows missing!! Really hope that the new device will help to keep track of them. Love to hear your cows are generally roaming out there… (don’t think they’d be missing from the barn…).

All ladies on the photos look beautiful!! Silver never looked better!!
Thanks!! -Alex

9:48 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Well, I don't think that the change of a President will change much. Because CIA and other "security" agencies have a long, long tradition of making people "speak". And I think this will go on, who ever the President is.

I see that Ella is still having fun.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Mmmmmmmm.........coffee.

I could totally dig on havin' coffee with Ella.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

There's a little something for you at my place today. :)

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home