Monday, April 20, 2009

Ella & Me

Today's Link
Just Another Day

Today's Saying
The best time to make friends is before you need them.
~Ethel Barrymore


Today's Pictures




























Ella is our guest this week so I thought I might tell you a little bit about her time with us , starting with the four pictures above.
We no sooner got into the store than Ella got out of the basket and took off. That cart doesn't go fast and by the time I found here she was sitting on a cake and trying to open another one(Picture one). I scolded her and put her back in the cart but while I was looking for a dress for her she was off again. This time I found her with the television sets and some new friends ( picture two). They were not happy when I made her get back in the cart. On the way back to the dresses she reached out and grabbed a pair of sun glasses (picture three). I put them back , of course. But while I was doing that she was gone again. This time it took me a long time to find her . She was sitting in an apple bin with little pieces of apple on her coat.(Picture four) . The top bin was almost empty and I hoped she had eaten them.
Then Betty came and between us we held onto her.
Ella and my grand elephant are getting along very well. She has such stories to tell.
She says that in Las Vegas she sat in a tiger cage with a live tiger. She was sure she was going to be eaten. I don't know if that's true or not.
She says that she was born without a trumpter gland and so her parents threw her out but this wonderful lady named Melli took her in. What mean parents.
You should hear the stories she tells about Hawaii and Texas. I can't believe they let her do all of that. I think she lies a little.
We'll keep you informed with Ella pictures every day until she leaves.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Old Mrs. Pemberthy says that three of her chickens are missing. She only had twelve and three are gone. They are just gone. There is no blood, no feathers, nothing to indicate they were attacked. They couldn’t fly over the fence but they are gone. She called the Constable.
His problem is deciding if three chickens and six cows is enough to call in the state police. Now if three more cows were gone he would have to call them but chickens aren’t cows. He went over the crime scene himself. The fence had not been cut and there was no sign of a struggle . He is even more confused than he was before.
The good news is that Jon Bergall’s cows have a tracking chip in their ear. They came that way. Jon doesn’t have the equipment to track them but the Constable has ordered a tracking device sent in. It should come sometime today.
Peterovich is hard at work on translating the next driblet. It might be ready tomorrow.
Nancy Silo called the Bishop to tell him that Pastor Joan was not being a good steward of the congregations resources . She was leaving the evil bats stay in the belfry. When the Bishop tried to reason with her she accused him of always taking the pastor’s side. It isn’t easy being a Lutheran Bishop.

Wrap UP
For a day that started with snow falling it hasn't been too bad. I visited every one of my blog friends and left comments on the entries I hadn't already commented on. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************************************************

26 Comments:

Blogger KB said...

Ella looks like she can be a handful. Have a great day/night.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love Ella no matter how much trouble she gets into. I am very anxious to hear the stories about Hawaii and Texas since I moved from Texas to Hawaii...small world no? First cows and now chickens missing...maybe they have tracking devices like the cows...

1:31 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Ella is really having a great time with you. It is nice of you to take such good care of her.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

It sounds like you are having just as much fun having Ella visit as Ella is having herself.

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be spending a little too much time with that elephant. :)

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ella reminds me of a certain little boy I used to know!

3:10 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I always found it was best to feed Ella a HUGE meal before going anywhere near a grocery store with her! LOL! I see you're learning though!

Ella does trumpet though, you know! Squeeze her paws! One of them will make her trumpet! I hope... unless it broke! ;)

What is UP with the 3's in Pigeon Falls? 3 is the clue...

I'm leaving home ... right NOW!!! Pray me there!!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I wonder who is having the most fun!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

She is a very adventurous elephant.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Don't take her in a porcelain shop !Get insurance first !

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why does Ella get all the fun trips? I think the chickens crossed the road to the Twilight Zone". The cows were just looking fro greener pastures...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Shopping with Ella sounds just like shopping with my daughter!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

It's good that Ella is such a cute little thing.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

Great shots and stories about Ella.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I just LOVED your Ella story today, Dr John! I think Ella is going to be so happy to see Melli again? I hope she travels safe.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Hootin' Anni said...

I coulda sworn Ella was in our Wal Mart this morning, but the floor moved a bit when there was a slight tremor [kidding] But the apples in the bin WERE gnawed on.

Okay, joking aside, hope you have a great afternoon with Ella and the gang. Thanks for stopping by.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Ella is cute! :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

I laughed at Gattina's comment about not taking Ella into the porcelain shop!! Heh!!

Enjoyed this post very much and the quotation at the beginning is excellent!

12:44 PM  
Blogger imac said...

Great post Dr John, love the antics and fab photos.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.
It seems an age since I came up with that poem.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Bz said...

Love the quote today by EB- is a good one!

2:08 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

well, ella may be a handful but she sure is the most adorable elephant i have ever seen! and she seems to enjoy her stay with you

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Ella, you little rogue you!!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Dr. John...you are a very Kind man
God bless you Bro

7:41 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Oh! I had the same problem with Ella in the grocery store -- and I know you know she ate all our breakfast one morning. She's a growing elephant and needs plenty of food!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

What is 'GBYA?'

Ella is just the coolest. I dig on apples too. Organic Pink Ladies are the bestest around.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

I'm getting such a kick out of the adventures of Ella. My, she is one decked out elephant :)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home