Monday, August 11, 2008

Opening my Head

Saying for the Day:
Let us be grateful to the mirror for revealing to us our appearance only. ~Samuel Butler, Erewhon
Picture of the Day:
The Days Wrap UP :
This dragon is Wormhole, smartest of my dragons. He likes to sit in the sun by the flower garden and catch bugs. He also drives away rabbits.This morning I put the VBS pictures on the St. Mark's website and added Sunday's sermon.I added the Bible study based on next Sunday's text. Then I made copies for Betty to take with her to the study tomorrow. In the afternoon we worked in the basement on the layout. now Betty and Pennie are gone to VBS. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

*******************************
Opening my Head
.It is Monday. Time to open up my head and pour the contents on the table so you can count and see if I have all my marbles. Please note I started life with a few marbles missing.
Bits and Pieces Meme

1. What is your occupation? Retired Pastor
2. What color are your socks right now? black
3. What do like to listen to? “ Pastor Steve
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Pop corn
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Certainly if you don’t mind a little jerking.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Green!
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My sister Dawn
8.. How old are you today? 69
9.. Favorite drink? Diet Anything
10.. What is your favorite sport to watch? Curling– The pace is so fast.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? NO
12. Pets? Three dragons, a monkey, and a dog.
13. Favorite food? Thick Juicy Cheese Burger with relish
14. Last movie you watched? Fantastic Four or was it Five
15. Favorite Day of the year? Easter
16. What do you do to vent anger? Eat
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Marx train
18. What is your favorite season? Spring
19. Hugs or kisses? Nope
20. Cherry or Watermelon? Watermelon
21. When was the last time you cried? I don’t remember
22.. Favorite smells? vanilla, fresh baked bread, chocolate chip cookies
23. Who inspires you? My wife, my children, my Pastor
24. What are you afraid of? Disappointing the people who love me.
25. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Just cheese and relish no spice
26. Favorite car? Pontiac Montana
27. Number of keys on your key ring? No longer have a key ring
28. Favorite day of the week? Sunday
29. How many states have you lived in? 3 — Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois
30. Do you think you’re funny? Not in the least

Then this once Friday meme from Milli

1. You know you're old when your teeth are in the kitchen before you.
2. My heart is divided between things no longer but is centered in God.
3. Wisdom is what I need RIGHT NOW!
4. I have felt the JOY, and known the depths of the ordained ministry
5. Gah, won't these people ever learn to drive?
6. Accept Jesus as soon as you can!
7. And as for the week, tonight , I’m looking forward to stickin' my nose in a book, tomorrow I am going dragon hunting and Wednesday I want to get my hearing aid fixed.

There you have it start counting.
\
News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Art on the Yellow Brick Road is up and running. A couple of artists have already sold out and are packing up to go home. But new artists are coming in. The man with the weird iron pieces has sold all of his stuff. Again, things that looked like accidents sold for unbelievable amounts of money.
The hit of the show so far has been the button lady. She paints art work on coat buttons. She has this great big magnifying glass and these teeny tiny brushes. She has this vice like thing the button is locked into and she paints up a storm. She paints copies of masterpieces. She has the Mona Lisa, Whistler’s Mother, the Last Super, and art like that. All of it is reduced to a button. You need a magnifying glass to see the detail. She doesn’t charge a lot either. For $30 she will paint a picture that you request. She has been doing a lot of White Rabbit Waving buttons and a few Dragon buttons.
Janvangogh is here with a whole table of cups, all kinds of cups. Cups that make fun of Spam, cups that have pictures inside of pictures, and her famous “Woof Da” cup. She even has a contest going where people can sign up two win two cups. Some lucky person is going to be really happy.
All over Pigeon Falls people are getting their acts ready for the big talent show. The Church Choir from Last Lutheran is coming out of its summer hibernation and will sing two numbers so they have been practicing. Tommy UK and Tammy are practicing some kind of put skit about dragons. Buddy East and his wife will do an old Abbott and Costello routine. All kinds of other acts are being finished up to be ready buy Wednesday night.

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I would think Tommy UK and Tammy would do a skit about whales.

Thanks for the mention on the mugs. My giveaway has ended this morning.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

You have socks on already this morning?? I'm impressed. I'm still in pj's.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

EITHER I have lost half of my marbles too... OR... you still have all of yours! (i suspect the former though)

Wormhole is absolutely gorgeous basking there in the sun! Does he actually EAT the bugs he catches? Or does he just "Bug" for sport? Perhaps he has a lot of little stuffed bug heads mounted on the walls of his cave.... just curious. I never heard that dragons ate bugs...

I can't believe that man's JUNK all sold again! Although that ONE piece that looked like a crane standing on one foot with it's wings spread wide -- THAT one I think I would have paid for too! But some of them... I could have thrown that slop together! Amazing! I was impressed with the button lady too ... I think I might have her paint me the 3 dragons flying over at dusk!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I love your dragon and the setting is perfect. Thank you for the information on mine. It's always so great to learn about something from a fellow blogger.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 30 in your first meme made me laugh!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I'm impressed with your rabbit repelling Dragon. You wouldn't happen to know if there may be a Deer Repelling Dragon would you. Those critters are eating my front yard!

11:50 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

you live with wonderful dragons.

well done with the meme... not funny? bwahahahaha! (sorry)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

We learned a bit more about you Dr John. I did one similar to this one (first one) awhile ago so I wont' be doing this one.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Pontiac Montana is that a van? I need to look it up...don't you want a convertable to race around in? Ha!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you know where your teeth are at. :)

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home