Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stray Thoughts

With the magic child found and controlled Dr. Jim made arrangements to leave on the evening train. He had a call from a farmer in Iowa named Russel whose dog was possessed. He was going to see if he could free the dog with magic.
Mrs. Trumble thanked him on behalf of the town and presented him a rather sizable check which he tried to turn down. But she pointed out he needed money to go around helping people and some of those needing help couldn’t pay his expenses so this was for them. You just don’t argue with Mrs. Trumble.
Chief Ican thought that he was going to miss his live cartoon shows. It had in reality been an interesting time.
But now it was back to every day boring life in a small town. His big excitement will be breaking up fights at the Fly Inn Bar.
Unless Petrovich who has been silent for a long time drops another driblet on them.

I had no clear vision ( as if I ever did) of what to blog about today but I did have some scattered thoughts. I tried to group them together.

Scattered Thoughts– Group One
Health Issues

Betty and I got our H1N1 vaccinations. Thank God for Walgreens.
I saw my lung Doctor and have made a tiny bit of improvement ( You take what you can get).
Betty saw her eye Doctor and our Primary care Physician ( Used to be Family Doctor) and she is doing fine.
She has to lose a little weight. I have to gain a little weight.
She has problems with high blood pressure. I have problems with low. ( Love doesn’t much care about blood pressure compatibility).
Scattered Thoughts– Group Two
Things Happening Here

Got Christmas all down and stored away.
Have nine 0 scale engines on table getting ready to sell on E-bay.
Still walking fifteen minutes a day ( Thus everything hurts)
Am trying to contact an old friend in Canada who is having a rough time but I don’t know her e-mail and her blog no longer accepts comments.

Scattered Thoughts –Group Three
Almost Rants

Is there a blog or websight that explains clearly what is in the health care legislation. One not written by left or right. Announcers on TV talk as if we should know.
I thought that our President promised a clear open legislative process. When do we get that?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad your lung capacity has improved and that Betty is doing fine. That's all good news. I got my H1N1 vaccine a while back. I don't know if it was really necessary but I got it. Our job is giving them to us this week. So I guess I jumped the gun and had to pay for it. Oh well.

It is becoming clearer and clearer to me that Obama is just a typical politician and President just like the rest of them. Promise the world and deliver an ant hole. If you find a website that is in laymen's terms please let me know.

Wow Pigeon Falls being quiet...strange goings on if you ask me :)

1:17 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I got my H1N1 about a week ago or so, also at Walgreens. I think that it was about the best flu shot I've ever had. (I always, prior to this time, get a terrible bruise and usually feel a little under the weather for a couple days after getting it.) So that's wonderful. And great news on improved lung capacity. Every little bit counts. Keep up the good work on the treadmill. :)

5:58 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

My doctor has been so annoyed that the stores have been able to get the regular flu shots and the H1N1 shots and the clinic hasn't been able to get them. Well, they did finally get the regular shots and I got mine.

Right now the health care legislation is in secret discussions between the two houses, so it isn't out there. Leave it to the one side of things to just criticize and not be proactive to put forth positive suggestions. Ditto on the Haiti situation.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

How could there be a place explaining health care that is neither right nor left??? EVERYONE who is involved with it IS either right or left. Who could write such a thing?

Do ya ever wanna get crazy and walk 16 minutes??? Probly not! I know getting that 40th minute on my bike took some struggling! I think it will be a couple more weeks before I make it to an hour! I am SO proud of you though! You KEEP it UP! I know you're feeling better!

My thoughts and prayers are with Betty! It's MUCH harder to take the weight off!

I'm sorry about your friend in Canada... I hope you find her. But it sounds like maybe she doesn't want to be found. I can't imagine not wanting to be found by YOU though!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

It's a pity that Betty can't take some pounds off and put it on you ! that would be perfect and easy. Our government is sitting now on a H1N1 stock, they had bought too much because lots of people refused the vaccine. Apparently they sold it now to Bahrein. France is in the same case and Germany too !
Can't help you with your health care legislation although I am not left or right, but it seems to me that it gets more and more complicated from what I read on blogs.

7:36 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I've skipped the shot as I'm allergic to everything. I did go out and buy 100 masks and some latex gloves - so if you see a redhead with a mask and gloves - it's probably me.

I can't be your old friend as I think I'm still accepting comments. Your last one made me post today. Thank you for caring dear friend.

9:36 AM  
Blogger inappropriatesue said...

That was a groaner but I loved it! How do you come up with them every week? Glad you got your H1N1. My daughters just got their second shot.
I'm up too
http://inappropriatesue.blogspot.com/2010/01/55-flash-fiction-friday-28-days-4-hours.html

5:16 PM  
Blogger ♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I still have not gotten the shot, either one of the flu shots!

After being out for two or three weeks, I've finally posted a 55. Hoping to stay in the game; but life is definitely challenging lately.

Great 55!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Nikki (Sarah) said...

very cool. And I love the pics with the story. mines up. Sarah.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home