Thursday, January 07, 2010

Friday-Flash 55


AS Robert and chief Ican hoped when the Cat in the Hat spell ended the cat put everything back as it was before he came. Then the cat and things one and two headed out of town and vanished.
Chief Ican put his deputy in charge and went to spend some some time with his sister and his nephews and niece and of course with Miss Apricot.
As he came into the house Miss Apricot leaped on his back and dug in her claws. His sister though it was cute that her cat would play with her brother. Chief Ican , in pain, pretended everything was fine but thought “ Where is Mighty Mouse when you need him?”
If they were ever alone he and that cat needed to have a little talk.
His nephews and niece wanted to know when the next performance of the Cat in the Hat would be. He didn’t want to explain about the magic so he said that it was the last performance and the group has gone on to another town.
This morning Dr. Jim arrived on the milk train. Now they need the child to do some magic.


Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55. I wrote two versions of today's and couldn't choose so here are both versions:
Version One

The ancient Japanese leader
was no longer needed so he took a job as a lumberjack.
He was one of the best, as one might expect.
Then came the day a tree fell the wrong way and they had to cut off both legs with a saw to save him.
He became a






sawed-off Shogun.

Version Two

As they had a number of times before they sawed
the legs off an ancient Japanese leader.
They then filled his body with explosives. They waited for the old sitting judge to come.
They detonated the body. The official police report said clearly that the judge was killed by a




blast from a sawed-off Shogun.





Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the thirty eighth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood.

The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE

Robert returned with the body of a big green dragon.
Its stomach had been ripped open by a gargoyle.

"Stay away from gargoyles" Robert told Sir Laughsalot " they are vicious"

Laughsalot drew his sword and cut off the dragon's head.
He had Robert flame his shield and scratch his armor and then he headed home.

24 Comments:

Blogger Janna said...

LOL. :) Groan!
Never become a lumberjack unless you're singing with Monty Python.

My own Friday 55 is posted HERE.

4:56 PM  
Blogger inappropriatesue said...

That was a groaner! LOL
I'm up too :)

http://inappropriatesue.blogspot.com/2010/01/55-flash-fiction-friday-ugly-succubus.html

4:57 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

You know Doc...
All that groaning swirling around inside your head, you just had to have TWO!!
It matters not, they were BOTH fun and excellent...
Thanks for another smile, and have a Wonderful Week-End...G

5:12 PM  
Blogger Brian Miller said...

ha. i loved them both...nice 55s...oh my...

cant wait until laughsalot gets back to see what is in store!

mine is up!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Now the Dr. Jim has arrived, the kid has probably gone off the stay with a relative in Iron Mountain or some such silliness, and there will be no more magic for days!

Sir Laughingstock, did you say?

5:18 PM  
Blogger clean and crazy said...

he, he, he i thought you said shot gun!! i had to read them twice!! mine is up too

5:34 PM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

*groan* *giggle* I can't help it. It's a groaner, but I laugh at everything humorous. I liked version one better.

I'm up, too!
-smarmoofus

6:07 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

and I don't know what to say, lol !

10:54 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm speechless, too.
But I offer up 55 words here:
http://inlindenhills.blogspot.com/2010/01/flash-fiction-friday-first-encounter.html

11:04 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Enjoyed that - although your hero may not have :-)

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...these are just too funny LOL I love them. :) You are so clever. I wonder what Fandango thinks...YIKES Miss Apricot...boy something got into her big time :) I'm glad Dr. Jim is there...that kid best do something now :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

LOLOLOL...they're both clever as clever as you can be! Only you...I so enjoy your 55s.

HERE is mine --scroll down below my show n tell as always. Happy Friday.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

That first 55 just killed me!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Dr. John you never let me down! I loved them both but the first one is my favourite. :)

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

9:49 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I can not believe how similarly Quilly and I think! I was going to say the VERY same thing she said! Well... I hope the kid is there and DOES do magic! Poor Doc. Jim doesn't have all MONTH to hang around trying to catch the kid who speaks magic! I just hope the Mom doesn't read Where The WILD Things Are!

LOL! I liked version TWO better!
But I liked being surprised in Version 1!

Hasn't Sir Laughsalot become KING yet??? I guess not...

10:45 AM  
Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

I loved reading "and then he headed home" Headed, ha ha -- and I bet it was a long slog with a burden like that!

Enjoyed the 55's as always Dr. John!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Brother Frankie said...

i love all the versions..

missed ya.. i have been isolating and pitypartying..



be blessed
brother frankie
a man who blesses

11:57 AM  
Blogger Brother Frankie said...

oh yeah mines up

those men hurt me and i have to pee

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Doc John -- you are such a hoot! lol

warm smiles,

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Dr. John, you almost outdid yourself today. Mrs. John (Betty) must be snowed out and you can't go into the basement still.

I am glad Dr. Jim came. Now, what can he do? I must wait to find out? I hope he attends church on Sunday.
..

12:43 PM  
Blogger Lulda Casadaga said...

Cool Tattoo! Always love the Laughsalot saga...enjoy the weekend! :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

hee hee hee---
Oh My dear knight you are always so good at this!
Of course you need to double dip!
double shogun...

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home