Monday, January 11, 2010

A Tag by any other name stinks


Chief Ican asked if Pastor Joan’s protective spell could have been placed on her by her child. Dr.Jim said it was far too elaborate a spell to have been done by a child. In fact he doubted that he could do it and was sure he couldn’t cut through it. But he did wqant to see the child because there was magic associated with the family.
So Dr. Jim and Chief Ican went to visit Pastor Joan. She was watching Elijah Hoop Castle stand up for the first time. She was so proud. They told her about the protective spell around her and asked how she got it. She said that she didn’t even know it was there. He explained that the spell was so good that he doubted she could be hurt by anything. He discovered a similar spell over the child.
After they left he explained to the Chief that the protective spell would keep him from discovering any natural magic ability of either Pastor Joan or the child.
Next they went to visit the Petrovich’s and found that all four of them were covered with protective spells. They were not as good as the spell on Pastor Joan and her child but they were still well done. Again they kept him from discovering if there was any latent magic ability.
So far things were not going well.


Before I start the meme just a few wordws about my health. I got to the lung doctor this last week and there was a slight gain in my lung capacity which is a good thing. I was hoping for a larger gain but you take what you can get.
The meme today is the result of a tag by Thom.I have forgiven him. I know he is a sweet biumbleheaded guy who doesn't know any better and that you just can't teach. So for him I'll do it this once.Here then is the 8 things meme



8 TV shows I like to watch:
NCIS
Daly Show
Late Show with David Letterman ( on playback in the morning)
Closer
Bones
The Young and the Restless
One Life to Live
Mentalist

8 Favorite Places to Eat & drink:
I-Hop
Perkins
Applebee's
Old Country Buffet
Sonic
McDonalds
My kitchen– the waitress is really cute
The TV room– Same waitress

8 Things I Look Forward To:
Warm Days
The End of snow
Church
Visits from the Grand Kids
Getting up in the Morning
Running the train layout
Betty’s morning smile
Jesus Returns

8 Things that Happened Yesterday:
The Sun Rose (thank you Lord!)
I woke up (thank you Lord!)
I went to Church
I got St. Mark’s Website up and running with yesterday’s pictures
I walked my fifteen minutes
I started a new design for St. Mark’s
Rejoiced over the fact that all the Christmas decorations were stored.
Kissed Betty

8 Things I Love About Winter:
It's only 3 more months til SPRING!
Christmas which really should be in April
New Years
Fires in the fireplace
Looking out at snow from a warm house.
The majority of programs aren’t reruns.
Sales
Hibernation

8 Things I Am Passionate About:

Jesus, my Savior
Love of my family
Love of my friends
My church
Helping people less fortunate than me.
Truth
Forgiveness
God’s Grace

8 Words/Phrases I Often Use:
What?
This stupid hearing aid isn’t working.
Huh?
You said what?
But I heard…
My sister called.
I hate tags.
Grasshoppers

8 Things I Learnt from the Past:
Love God.
Thank Him for all good things.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Smiles are free, and easy to give.
Look for the good in everybody..
Share.
It takes less energy to be nice than to be mean.
SING! (whether ya can or not)

8 Reasons I don’t do tags
People don’t need the aggravation
It is not an honor
If they want to do the meme let them
It is too hard to decide who to inconvenience
I like people
People feel guilted when tagged so they mutter through them.
I‘m lazy.
It‘s a Linna rule..

14 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I ignore tags without guilt. It's my blog. I get to decide what goes on it. That said, it ticks people off when I don't play with them, so I am choosy in ignoring tags.

I am ignoring this tag from Melli because I know she loves me and will forgive me. AND, she should have known better than to tag me just before moving day!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I'm not keen on tags either Dr. John. You did a great job on this one and it was interesting learning more about you. :)

I'm happy to hear your lung capacity is improved. :)

3:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! I also love that Jesus' return was one of the things you look forward to...I think of that often and how incredible it would be to be here on that day! One never knows, right?

So glad to hear of the increased lung capacity...I know you were hoping for more, but in this case any gain is great!

God bless Dr. John and stay warm!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this bumblehead appreciates that you did this and that you have forgiven him :) My favorite of all is It's a Linna rule :) I'm glad to hear that your lung capacity as grown. Great news. I'm just wondering if the magic will ever be solved in Pigeon Falls :)

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Isn't it funny when a form of protection isn't a good thing.

Yay on the increased lung capacity!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

You may not like to do the meme's but your answers are always interesting and funny!
Love Di

10:43 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Exactly what Diana just said!

Been busy here Dr. John. Not ignoring you - - - - !

11:31 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I liked your Answers, and chuckled at the Cute Waitress in the Kitchen comment.

thank you for not tagging

1:38 PM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Tags... what's that?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFLMBO!!! I am SOOOO glad I was NOT the one who tagged you with this! I don't WANT to be a bumblehead! I AM a bumblehead... but I don't MEAN to be! And... you and I have sO many things that we SHARE in this meme! Frankly, I feel like I could have written a good bit of it! hehehe....

One thing though... I don't remember EVER hearing you say Grasshoppers! I do believe I actually DID hear you say all the other phrases!

WOW! I know Pastor Joan's and Elijah's spell came from Oops. But those spells on the Petrovich family really DO lead one to believe that ONE of those twins is the child! I hope they figure it out...

3:09 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

I strive to have the same "passions" as you;)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I wish you all the best and that your lung condition continues to improve.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Dr. John, I am hoping the they won't have to pay Dr. Jim. He doesn't seem to be helping much so far. You have my permision to script him to be fired.

That meme you did was good but very excessive. If I were doing it I would change those eight things to two or three things. Just sayin'. Especially for retired people.
..

10:44 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

I'm like you - I don't like tags. The only one of your fav cop shows I've watched is the Mentalist. It was good.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home