Monday, April 13, 2009

Poor Old Joe-A Portrait of Words

Today's Link
It's A Maze aaand a Marca

Today's Saying
People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismark

Today's Picture
Ella and Elmer in Church



  • A Picture Story from Jeff's Portrait of Words


    As she stood on the courthouse steps waiting she turned to her friend Mollie and said “They’ll be bringing old Joe in for trial fairly soon. You know he still hasn’t said anything. They don’t even know if his name is Joe. He won’t talk to the lawyer the court appointed for him’ Nobody seems to really know him. He worked as the odds job man at Caffrey’s all those years and nobody even noticed him. He was kind of the invisible man. All we know for sure is he kept the place really clean and did a little carpentry work on the side.”
    Her friend interrupted and said “ And we know he played chess. Every Sunday afternoon in the park he played anybody that would play him. But he never talked. He won most of the time, I understand.”
    “ I guess they have him dead to rights. You know Ed Simpson doesn’t like to lose and he wouldn’t have moved so fast if they didn’t have a solid case. Look at the evidence. All the women were killed by a drill that penetrated the chest and hit the heart. Old Joe was found with three drill bits coated with what turned out to be the victim's blood sitting on the shelf of his drill press. He seems to have no alibi. They have him for sure. “ Myrtle said.
    “ I’m not so sure” answered Mollie,” He certainly didn’t haul that great big drill press around with him. It’s far too heavy. There was no small drill or battery powered drill anywhere in his house. “
    “ The police think he hid it someplace else. “ Myrtle injected.
    “Yea but why would he do that and leave the drill bits out in plain sight. It makes no sense. “ Mollie replied.
    “ If he was innocent wouldn’t he at least tell his lawyer. What’s with this silence thing? In any case Mayfield will never be the same nice little town again’.
    At that point the police brought Old Joe into the courtroom and dramatic background music played.
    Agent 012’s wife turned off the TV. “My soap is really getting exciting “ she told her husband.” I can hardly wait until tomorrow for the next installment of “ As Mayfield Burns”.
    Poor Agent 012 was stuck pretending to be interested but really hoping the Agency would call and rescue him.

    News from Pigeon Falls
    The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
    All week end long both Herman and Tommy UK replayed the events of Friday in their minds. Each was sure that even together they couldn’t have done what was done. Yet Mark had disappeared. Hopefully he was back where he belonged. But how and why. Where had the extra power come from? Had Mark, himself found a way to join his power with theirs? Possibly but the power didn’t seem to come from him. It seemed to come from the trees.
    To make things even more complicated some people reported sightings of the elusive man in black. But why would he help? There were so many more questions than answers.

    Wrap UP
    Ella will be in bed moost of today. We told her not to eat all than candy and then the pizza yesterday. But she wouldn't listen. Elmer is so concerned. It is just so cute.
    I had a fairly good day. Betty is doing much better. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
    GBYA
    ***********************************************

    18 Comments:

    Anonymous quilly said...

    I love the pic of the kid rubbing his eyes, like he can't believe he's seeing an elephant riding a pink flamingo!

    And I am loving the Pigeon Fall's mystery! Will we ever learn who the man in black really is? And if we do discover his identity, will he then have to kill us?

    2:04 AM  
    Blogger Finding Pam said...

    You had me going with poor old Joe murder trial. I liked the twist at the end.

    I have missed reading some things at Pigeon Falls. The thriller continues.

    6:56 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    Ohhhhhh ELMER is the other Elephant! (you had me goin! I thought Elmer was a KID!) ROFL!!! Oh my! And I LOVE Ella's Easter dress and HAT!!! How CUTE!!! Oh you really have your hands FULL with TWO visiting elephants!!!

    OH WOW! This was a GREAT chapter of the 012 saga! Maybe you should be writing soap operas! Oh wait... YOU DO!!!

    Speaking of which ... I think the man in Black is Tommy's UNCLE whom he still has not spoken with regarding his heritage... hmmmmm...

    7:00 AM  
    Blogger Nessa said...

    I love your Easter pictures. I didn't have it in me to do the POW.

    8:15 AM  
    Blogger Bazza said...

    Elmer & Ella sure look smart, is it their Sunday best?

    8:50 AM  
    Blogger B.R.L said...

    I like the One with ella on the Flamingo!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

    9:06 AM  
    Blogger aims said...

    You got me with Old Joe Dr. John.

    You really have the gift of making and twisting a tale.

    Where did the extra power come from!

    9:10 AM  
    Blogger Vicky said...

    But now I am all wrapped up in the mystery of Old Joe! Please, I need a sequel :) Must know what happens!! Even if it is just a soap!

    9:41 AM  
    Blogger juliana said...

    poor agent 012. he can't escape from the trials and tribulations even at home...

    ella and elmer seem to have had a great time

    10:47 AM  
    Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Oh a soap opera! Great writing, you sucked me in. :)

    My POW is scheduled to post on Wednesday. :)

    11:13 AM  
    Blogger kim said...

    This is great :o).

    Thanks for the link. Meeting someone you already know is very fun. Have fun.

    1:44 PM  
    Blogger Alastair said...

    Always pleased to see an inclusive, Elephant friendly, congregation...

    Belated but heartfelt 'Happy Easter' Dr John, to you and yours.... Will try and pop around more often when I get back from my post Easter break...

    2:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    no! I wanted to know what happened next and if he was guilty? What a twist!

    3:42 PM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    Ohhhhh Ella ... that appetite is going to kill her one day! I hope she feels better tomorrow...

    So glad Betty is feeling better!

    6:46 PM  
    Blogger Mojo said...

    I can tell ya, he definitely did not lug a drill press around with him.

    This sounds like a story we read when I was in school.. Might have been a condensed version but basically it was one juror that turned a verdict around by convincing the other 11 that the defendant didn't do it.

    6:47 PM  
    Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

    Great pics!

    4:29 AM  
    Blogger Thom - - Dr. John said...

    Just when I thought agent 012 wasn't involved. . . BAM!

    fun twist John.

    7:34 PM  
    Blogger Maggie May said...

    I wanted to know more than you wrote! Bit of a twist at the end!

    4:12 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home