Saturday, April 11, 2009

Poem a Day

Poem A Day- April 12

So we decided to believe

He’s dead
He was you know
Dead as a
Doornail.
Blood gushing out
All over the ground
Spear in his side
We cried
We didn’t want to believe
We really
‘didn’t
But he was dead
So we decided to believe
He was dead.

The ladies said
“body’s gone.”
Crazy women.
Seeing things
Hard to stop believing
He is dead
We won’t be
Hurt again.
Dead is dead
Is dead
And we decided to believe
He was dead

But then
Who walked with us?
Who broke bread?
Who gathered us
In an upper
Room?
Tell me.
He was dead.
I know. We believed.
He was dead.
But now
we saw him
Holes and all
So we decided
Yes
We decided to believe
He was alive.



So we decided to believe

He’ll get over it mom said
It’s just a phase in his head
We aren’t that kind of family
A preacher he will never be

Dad wasn’t happy at all
He wanted a Doctor on call
How could he ignore his dad
It would make him very sad

But he held onto the hope
Wouldn’t give up. Nope!
Worked two jobs to pay
To seminary the way.

He held the faith very fast
A Pastor he became at last
So we decided to believe
To rejoice and not to grieve

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Very nicely written.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Very touching, deep and yes...so true.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

That was beautiful, just beautiful. *tears* And I love the way you visually styled it on the page *ahem* I mean screen. ;) Beautiful!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

The first poem was my favorite, but I enjoyed the autobiography of the second as well.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these poems. I am afrai I would have nedd to see the holes too. I wish I wouldn't have, hope I wouldn't have, but wonder if I would have...

6:46 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I loved BOTH of these -- but I do like the first one best!

Only ONE MORE WEEK til I leave!!! I'm excited!!!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Ah! You have been to Easter too, many blessing to you and your family.

"...blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

7:15 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

wow! excellent poem on this day.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I like both poems, Thank you for sharing your writings.

Blessings to you and Betty and family

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home