Monday, April 13, 2009

Poem a Day-April 14

A love poem

Long ago to me God sent
An Angel just slightly bent
Bent enough to love me
Unlovable as then I be
She prayed and prayed a lot
Since she got what she got
The years have sailed by
Loves me still I know not why?
Not much left for her to love
This bent angel from above
Now she fills my oxygen tanks
Even though she gets no thanks
She counts my pills into the case
Combs my hair, washes my face
Lays out my clothes in a row
Drives the car so we can go
Who else would love worn out me
Only an angel that’s plain to see.

I love her too you know
This angel sent here below
Mother of our children three
The one who sets me free
Betty Betty is her name
Emblazoned in my hall of fame
Oh! Betty I love you
I really really really do.

An Anti-love poem

God loves him the little man
Loves as only our God can

But little man he hates God
Shakes his fist like a rod
Pours out his anti love each day
Hopes that God will go away
Proclaims that God is gone
No coming heavenly dawn
He screams its all a lie
Don’t pray , don’t even try
He’s smarter than the rest of us
Who over God make a fuss

At least he thinks he is

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

A beautiful tribute to Betty!

And Ella's new friend is quite handsome!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I love your love poem to Betty. So sweet.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh. I think today you were a POET! As a matter of fact... I know it!

10:31 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

love makes you a great poet, no matter what you think

10:48 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your love poem is beautiful and sweet.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A wonderful way to show your Love for your Beloved.

Blessings to you and Betty

1:46 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Anamazingly lovable poem...You've got the lump Senor
Wishing you and betty all the best under the shining Stars for you only deserve the very best

6:34 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

I loved the poem

9:40 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Very Sweet Dr J.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home