Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Dream

Today's Link
Into the Depths

Saying for the Day
Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. ~William Dement

Picture of the Day
From our Thanksgiving Gathering

Law enforcement in my dreams is not very efficient. I can’t tell you how many cars I have had stolen and they haven’t recovered one.
Last night I had the dream I have had many times before.
I went to some kind of conference. I parked my car in the parking lot and I went in.
I never seem to care what kind of a conference it is .
Sometimes I park on the street. Sometimes in the alley. Sometimes I have an old car sometimes a new.
Last night I had a new car.
The Conference ends. I say goodbye to people. I thank some of the leaders. Then I go to my car.
And it is gone. It is not where I parked it.
So I check all the other parking places, just in case I parked it someplace else .
But I didn’t find it. So I go back into the conference center and tell the office my car has been stolen.
Last night they called the sheriff. Sometimes they call the police.
He comes very quickly. I explain to him my car has been stolen.
I tell him it’s a green Ford. It is always a green Ford.
Then he wants the licensee number which of course I don’t know.
Now if he was efficient and modern he could go to some kind of data base and get that information.
But he doesn’t. He tells me they’ll do the best they can but he doesn’t have much hope.
I tell him I have had three others stolen and non were ever recovered.
Now three is all I remembered in last nights dream but considering I have this dream in one form or another every other week the number must be in the hundreds.
They have never recovered one of them.
Not a single one!.
But some night I am going to come out of the conference center and find a parking lot full of green Fords. The sheriff will say we solved the case and here are all your missing cars.
I will be overwhelmed.
Then I will discover they were all stolen by the same person who slipped the entry by the editors and made me a Hoop Girl in my senior annual.
I always knew he was up to no good.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Poor Herman. He is not happy with his last vision. It just makes no sense to him. So he has decided he needs to have another one. Tonight he is going to go to the Happy Pigeon and drink seven Haltvers . Then he is going to have a vision to end all visions. His wife keeps telling him that this is insane and if he keeps it up she will divorce him. But Herman is determined. He will have another vision.
Tommy UK is floating. Life is so wonderful. He has decided that he is in love. He didn’t want to be. At times he wishes he wasn’t. But he is . In his mind he has replayed those last two kisses over and over. They get better with each replaying. Now he keeps thinking of Tammy and how wonderful she is. He know he has to stop this. He has to talk to Herman and save the town but he is in love. He hasn’t been alone with Tammy since Monday night in the barn and it is doubtful the opportunity to be alone with her will arise before the end of the week. He wonders how she feels.
Tammy who has been in love with Tommy UK forever is also floating. Life could not be better. He kissed her. He kissed her twice. Like Tommy UK she has replayed that moment over and over in her mind. But she wanted it to happen. It was her dream. Now it was reality. She could wait for their next opportunity to be alone because she knows it will come. Life is wonderful.
Nobody seems to notice that on the far Western edge of Pigeon Falls a shadow has begun to fall.

Wrap Up
Another rough breathing day. Again I went throgh two tanks of oxygen. This was e-Bay day and Betty and I polished, photographed, and listed four different sets of train things. It took longer than we expected to go through the old track and pick out the good ones to sell. Then I visited blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**********************************************************************

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

The old czr wss in the old barn? I smell even more trouble ahead.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I dont know if I have ever had the same dream twice! Imagine having all your old fords show up at once!!! lol

6:21 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was a child that I was being followed home by a stranger. He always wore a trenchcoat and a fedora. I always walked briskly until I came to the stone wall that I was so fond of walking on. But in my dream, when I got to it, I needed to CLIMB it to get over... and I couldn't. I was too little. And so he always caught up with me -- and then I woke up! It was awful!!! The dream actually followed me into adulthood -- but I have not had it now in maybe 30 years. It just stopped. Dreams are so weird.

That is NOT a shadow falling! It's just clouds... I heard Pigeon Falls is supposed to get a LOT of SNOW soon!

6:26 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I don't think that OTHER people can interpret someone else's dreams. But I sure wish there was a way to do so.

I sometimes dream something that seems realistic, but then in the morning, I realize that I haven't seen that particular person in quite awhile, so I know it isn't real.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I sometimes have the same dream but they are not as significant for me to remember.

Sleep well Dr John

10:34 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Recurring dreams usually hold a message - in this case I'd say don't buy a green Ford! ;)

11:38 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

perhaps there's a message in this recurring dream of yours... but i have no idea what it would be...
and i'm afraid the law enforcement is not particularly efficient in real life either

12:03 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

My foot made the picture Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm famous
Weeeeeeeeeeee
Grandma should check her email

2:35 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Well, if you do come upon a parking lot full of your lost green fords,you won't have to wonder which aisle you left you car in...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Interesting dream. Some fancy dancy physco-whatever could probably analyze it for you - for a fancy price! - and come up with some incredible theory which would make great sense to him but no one else...!

You sound a bit like me in that I usually don't try to figure out my dreams too much but just let them happen. I figure if I am meant to truly understand them - assuming they are meant to be understood or there is some reason for them to be understood - then the same power that provided me with the dream will help me understand it, too.

(In other words I am too lazy to try and figure them out and it hurts my head to think about them too much!)

I am most curious about your eBay business! I really like trains and used to have a modest HO layout years ago. Then my daughter felt she needed the space for her horse stuff and I took down the train layout. Now that she is gone I should put one up again!

Take care and good luck with the eBay business!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

This was not a dream: One day I parked my car in an underground parkings and went to do some errants. And when I came back I did not find my car. I simply did not remember where I had parked it.

Looking on the picture on your post, it seems that Nintendo Wi-Fi has entered your home?

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what it all means.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I was visiting my brother in Calgary once, and he and it went into a shopping mall. When we went back outside there was a ferocious blizzard and we couldn't find the car. We both panicked. I imagined both of us being found - frozen to death - in the huge parking lot. After about an hour we found my brother's car. The car? A green Ford!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I meant he and I... but you knew that. Tpyo, Ptyo, typo... *heh*

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have the same dream over and over -- of being locked in a big fancy house with no way out. One day I found the door, walked out, and have never gone back.

I hope Tammy and Tommy stop mooning over each other long enough to look at the horizon!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home