Monday, February 08, 2010


Looking back on Pigeon Falls since our last visit it seems that Samantha and her Snow Court were seen as the best in the history of the festival. Instead of standing around ,looking beautiful , and waiting for people to tell her how wonderful she was and that she should be the next UP Snow Queen which many of the girls had done in the past Samantha brought people coffee, struck up conversations with visitors and told them how thankful the town was that people like them came to the Festival. She did such a good job that the Merchant's Association is thinking of creating a position for her as a welcoming person in future events.
Norman Larson one the two races he was in. He said “ I must have a fairy godmother since my machine had all kinds of problems on Thursday but Friday it was like a new more powerful machine. ”Two of the big companies offered to buy his machine but Norman wouldn’t sell it..
Good thinks kept happening in Pigeon Falls as Last Wednesday Mrs. Amila Westup , who lives in the old house behind Samantha woke up to find that someone had taken her Refrigerator, Stove, Washer and dryer and her hot water heater and replaced them with new high energy efficient models. Mrs. Westup is a widow with three children , her husband was killed in Iraq. Her old refrigerator no longer had a working freezer, the oven on the stove didn’t work at all, the washer did a poor job, and you had to run a load through the dryer twice to get it dry. In addition the hot water heater was on its last legs. It was as if all her prayers were answered at one time. There was a note on the dryer that said “ Will check back later, your fairy godmother.”
She couldn’t understand how all this got done without waking her.

Now I need a breathing treatment so I will finish this later.
AS you can see I am back to blogging. Well sort of back. When I left the message above I intended to be right back after a half hour breathing treatment but I ended up falling asleep and here it is four hours later.
A quick telling of what has happened.
On Thursday night January 28 I couldn't breath very well even in the breathing mask so I got almost no sleep.
Friday I auto posted Saturday ad Sunday's blog and did some visiting but my oxygen levels were horrible.
Friday night we went from two liters to three liters of oxygen. This got the levels back to a normal range and I slept better but not good.
Over the weekend I was stuck in the bedroom because I really didn't have the equipment to move three liters through the house, plus I slept most of those days missing my family 's visit.
Monday we figured out how to use the large Oxygen tank to get me to Oshkosh and back and we called my lung Doctor.
This is where it comes to if it rains it pours part. My lung Doctor's office had some kind of flood and he was forced to move thirty miles further south. That meant sixty miles round trip for me and was simply not possible. We got the Doctor on the phone and he thought the problem this time might be congestive heart failure and increased my lasix prescription.
I tried getting to the blog on that Monday but my internet was down.
Pennie brought it back on Line that evening.
I stayed in the room except for meals and little by little things have been getting better. I am now down to two liters which is higher than before but I can get around with that.
Now I am going to visit the blogs of all you nice people who left comments. ( If I don't fall asleep on the keyboard).

31 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having all these good things happen to people who really need it makes me smile.
I hope your breathing treatment makes a world of difference for you, Dr. John!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Hi Dr. John. I'm glad you could update us on Pigeon Falls. I like that Samantha and i am happy for Mrs. Westup.

Dark

8:22 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad that you are feeling well enough to make some visits. Take your time to get better Dr John, we are all praying and keeping happy thoughts for you.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Aren't Fairy Godmother's awesome? Ya just gotta love 'em! And that Samantha Westcott is just the sweeeetest little thing! And I heard she's been babysitting for Mrs. Westup for free so she can just go out and have an hour or two to herself to think... or pray... or visit her husbands grave... She really is such a thoughtful child!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great is that to have a fairy godmother. And Samantha is the bomb to be the way she is. :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Glad to have you back again Dr John. Pigeon Falls never seems to have a dull moment!

10:14 AM  
Blogger aims said...

When the fairy godmother is done in Pigeon Falls - ummmm - could you send her my way?

10:56 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I like that fairy godmother.

I especially like seeing your posts in my reader again, but take care of you please. Don't overdo.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Lori B said...

Ian sends his best wishes to you and says he misses seeing and talking with you at church. I, too, hope you feel better. God Bless

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I'm glad to see that you are up to being at the computer at all! If you only get through Pigeon Falls, so be it. If you only want to post the other stuff, that's okay too. It just pleases my heart to know that you are able to be there. And you are MOST welcome for the flowers! I hope they cheered you both!

I am really really sorry that you missed most of the kids visit. That stinks. :( Maybe they will come back and do it again THIS weekend?!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thank you Dr. John. You don't have to visit me very often. I keep coming back to see how the Pigeon Falls people are doing. It seems they are 'living right' for the moment.
I do thank you, though for visiting me. You are very considerate even when you are struggling to get back up (not sayin' you're down). :)
..

9:51 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Good to see you back. You had quite a few factors impede you there. Keep improving.

1:10 AM  
Blogger DawnTreader said...

Sorry to read about your illness. Glad you're feeling a little better again.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

That's scary. Is the change in prescription enough?

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best websites :
http://freeebookzss.blogspot.com/
http://magziness.blogspot.com/
http://tamilmoviesz.blogspot.com/
http://malayalammoviesz.blogspot.com/
http://kannadamoviz.blogspot.com/
http://englishmoviz.blogspot.com/
http://tollywoodmoviesz.blogspot.com/
http://bengalisongzs.blogspot.com/
http://malayalamsongzs.blogspot.com/
http://kannadsongzs.blogspot.com/
http://englishsongzs.blogspot.com/
http://indianfilmscren.blogspot.com/
http://telugusongzs.blogspot.com/
http://blog4software.blogspot.com/
http://hindisongzs.blogspot.com/
http://filmygochips.blogspot.com/
http://tvnowlive.blogspot.com/
http://babynamemeans.blogspot.com/
http://tempelatesfree.blogspot.com/

1:47 AM  
Blogger kekekelo said...

Tag Heuer Watches To Reconsider Relationship With Tiger Woods
I recently mentioned that replica Tag Heuer affirmed its commitment to Tiger Woods as a brand ambassador. They publicly stated that they would stick by the super star as a face of the brand despite and alleged transgressions. It now looks like they might have altered their position. This is the second time this month that Tag Heuer Watch has had to "restate" an earlier announcement. The first was in regard to the origin on their new Caliber 1888 movement.
Now tag heuer formula seems to suggest that Tiger Woods may not be in their short term future goals.We have already seen Tag Heuer pull Tiger Wood based ads, but that makes sense in the immediate given the negative publicity of Tiger's current extramarital activities. Now it looks like tag aquaracer is seriously considering their future with the golf superstar. Woods is his announcement to leave the professional world of golf for some indeterminable amount of time. Several months from now when Tiger Woods hasn't been in a golf tournament in months, he will just be another rich guy in a Nike baseball cap (unless they pull out too). tag carrera picture is that because Tiger Woods is exiting the world of golf for a while, he is severely jeopardizing his main income stream - endorsements.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Laurie Parkinson (former "Stranded in Suburbia" blog) said...

Dr. John.. My dear old blogging friend.. We lost touch about five years ago, but today for some reason I thought of you. Did a google search, and my heart sank. I love that your blog is still here, because you're alive in your words.. :-) May you be at peace and blessed in heaven..

10:08 PM  
Anonymous walk in showers said...

I’m a new reader and have been very impressed with your recent posts and thought to drop a friendly note. It is really a great information related to Walk In Tub and walk in bath.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Buy Kamagra said...

Thanks for posting this review! I love this website and I’ve subscribed to it.
I’m looking forward to see your future posts. Cheers !!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous ambien without prescriptions said...

I am really really sorry that you missed most of the kids visit. That stinks. :( Maybe they will come back and do it again THIS weekend?!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous solicitors surrey said...

very interesting blog. It's fun reading

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Second hand office furniture said...

pleasure reading your blog.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous walk-in shower said...

That's a nice update on pigeon falls. pleasure reading your blog.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Blog ! Thanks for share…
- may rua xe hoi nuoc nong
- may hut bui cam tay
- may hut bui cong nghiep karcher
- cau nang 1 tru
Mercedes Haxaco :
- xe mercedes e200
- bảng giá xe Mercedes việt nam
- xe mercedes a250
- in name card dep
- in catalogue quan tan phu
- in bao thu quan tan phu
- thiet ke name card chuyen nghiep
- in to roi dep
- thiet ke in catalogue
Thanks !!!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This information is impressive; I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic.
Microsoft Azure Training in Chennai

2:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Good work and its really a useful info
AWS Training in chennai

1:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice...Excellent article and useful to others
VMware Training Class in chennai

1:30 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

air max
adidas nmd
nike cortez
yeezy shoes
adidas yeezy
adidas shoes
air force 1
jordan shoes
curry 5
golden goose

7:43 PM  
Blogger liza said...


I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.

Best Ice Fishing Gloves Best Ice Fishing Gloves Best Ice Fishing Gloves

11:32 PM  
Blogger على جمال said...


شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الاسود بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home