Monday, January 04, 2010

monday

Herman got up this morning , took a shower and had breakfast. Then he decided to find out if the spell was over and he said “Shazam”. There was a bolt of lightning and there stood Captain Herman in his red super hero costume. Immediately he said “ Shazam” again and after another bolt of lightning he was back to being Herman. He was so disappointed. He does not want to be a super hero. He wants to be just Herman.
Up until that point he had told nobody that this had happened to him but now he went to see Mrs. Trumble. She told him that the town had an expert on magic coming on Friday and he might be able to help. But if the spell can’t be removed the town can always use another super hero.
They decided to keep Herman’s ability to change a secret and Herman ordered the DC Comic Archive Edition of Shazam , the first comics with DC’s Captain Marvel. Herman wants to know what his super powers are and what he has to watch out for.
Dr. Jim called this morning and assured Chief Ican he would arrive on the milk train on Friday. Chief Ican now is really hoping that the child will hold off until then.
Somewhere in Pigeon Falls a child says:
Дощ бари


This is the new simplified blog.
It will now always start with Pigeon Falls.
Why?
Because I like Pigeon falls.
The second item will change from day to day and sometimes week to week.
For example tomorrow in this slot will be my Picture of Words.
There will be no saying for the day.
Believe it or not these changes will cut the time needed for my daily blog in half.
I keep the things I want to do.
I have Wednesday and sometimes Monday and Tuesday to pontificate.
So I will be able to stick foot in mouth on issues like Global Warming and health care.
I have cleaned up the side panel as well.
What is there is now clearer.
Now I'm going to the basement to work on the train layout.
I'll visit your blogs in the evening.

18 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

Happy Birthday to your new simplified blog Dr. John - I know I'm gonna love it just as much as the old one! :)

3:12 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

I suppose a lot of people are super heroes in their own way. And often they do not even realize it.

I hope Herman gets matters worked out.

I am still debating about the Lionel train at Menards .... most likely they have all been sold by now so I will have an excuse not to buy one! Then again, maybe not.... I will check today.

Take care.

5:02 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Sounds like a plan -- both your new approach to blogging and the decision to keep Herman's superpowers secret.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh dear... that child's whisper is a little scary. I'm wondering what on earth it MEANS! Surely there will NOT be pubs falling from the sky! That could really get ugly! Or really TEST Captain Herman's super powers! He might need Superman to help out!

So you must have spent an incredible amount of time searching for the perfect quote each day! I think that would have been my first thing to go too! And I really DO like everything all on ONE blog. I think I'm going to like this change!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

As long as you still pontificate!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Simple is always better! Have fun with the train.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I like what Herman can do. How exciting. And Dr. Jim can't get to Pigeon Falls fast enough.

I like the change. Simple is best if you ask me :) But more important it's got to be what You want it to be. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow, happy birthday!

what wonderful news to share,
i can see cheers and smiles all over the blog here

happy blogging, happy 2010.

http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
welcome.

10:32 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Melli might be on the right track - but then again it might be chocolate bars....Raining chocolate bars - wow....who could ask for more?

I'm so glad you kept Pigeon Falls. I've enjoyed it immensely and look forward to see what is happening every day.

I'm also glad that you are taking time for you. That is the most important thing.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Dr. John, you are a clever person. Your blog is wonderfully simple now!
I like your screen wide format. Sometime when you think of it you might elaborate a little on your template, Blogger stock or other, etc. One of these days I will update mine.

I hear it is supposed to rain in Dr. Jim land. If it rains too much the rail tracks flood and the train can't get in there.
..

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Your new format is convenient to me, too, since I also like Pigeon Falls.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Sorry I do not find much of change here. Simpler yes...
I miss the sayings at the beginning though.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Very nice Dr. John, Simplify!
Love Di

12:42 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Enjoy working on your train layout, Dr. John. As long as I can still visit Pigeon Falls daily and enjoy an occasional irritating, er, enlightening word from you, I will be content knowing that you are mostly content.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Dr J--I tend to agree with your pontificating.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Golly- we have trains galore here. I'll have to send pics.
<><

4:13 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Yes, it's those little extras that take most of the time. You do right to simplify. I've done it myself in the past.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sexchat

dicke titten

PrivateCams

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home