Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Thousand Anything Gotta be Good

Link of the Day
The Odd Neighbor

Saying for the Day:

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ~Douglas Adams
Picture of the Day:
The Days Wrap UP :
The dragon is named Herman. Herman has his own castle but most of the time he is very sad. Herman lives in the dark, cold, lonely basement. He gets to come up only when my Grandson Luke comes. Luke loves Herman and his castle. Look brings him up into the livingroom and flies him everywhere. He even gets to chase evil knights away from the castle. He and Luke are very happy together. Now Herman has discovered he has entered inyto Ruby Tuesday. He is so happy. Don't anybody tell him he isn't red enough. In the morning I edited yesterday's vacation Bible School pictures and put them on St. Mark's website. Then Betty and I went to the hearing aid place and they cleaned the wax out of my ear and the aid and it works fine now. Then we went to I-Hop for lunch. The meal was great. Then we finally mailed out the prizes from the last two contests. Coming home we cut pieces for the layout after discovering the garage outlets don't work.. Then I visited most of my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************

The thousand blog club invites all those who have published a thousand blogs to join.
Don’t hide it.
Be Proud of it.

Why join?
There is no cost.

You get listed in the official thousand club list.

Enter by the end of 2008
and get to display the beautiful charter member symbol.

Just send your blog address and the fact that you have made one thousand or more entries to:

jlinna@new.rr.com

Membership gives you-

Contests with priceless prizes

Prestige

A feeling of belonging

Don’t delay. Do it now.


News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The Liar’s Club announced the finalists for their local story telling contest . They are :Jon Bergall ,Mrs. Alicia Groove ,Robert Maki , Bob Alder, Aili Sorry, and Mr. Warren Woodstuck .They have until next Monday to get their stories ready and them President East will put the six names in a hat a draw one out to start the contest.
This year he schedule seems to have no meaning. This was supposed to beold timers week but because they rescheduled art on Loon Lake to Art On the Yellow Brick Road and moved it from last week until this week they felt they had to move old timers week until next week.
Tomorrow is the day if the talent show and the day the Methodist Bishop comes to try to solve the pasty crisis. Only News from Pigeon Falls has been informed it won’t be the Bishop but the District Superintendent that is coming. In any case, whatever his title, he better have more talent than the people in the talent show .
There is a strong rumor in town that Petrovich has been approached by CBS to do a special on the driblets entitled “ The Seer Who Saw the Future”. The rumor goes on to say he is working with two script writers even now. Petrovich, himself, is neither affirming or denying the rumor.

14 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Petrovich NO!!! Do NOT cave to the MEDIA!!! Petrovich!!! They will turn the driblets into something... ugly. *SOBS* ... *tears clothing*... *falls to the ground in a puddle of sorrow*... PRAYS it is ONLY a rumor!!!

I HOPE your pink dragon counts as RUBY red today ... cuz I accidentally added you to the Ruby Tuesday list!!! LOL! .... I'm sorry...

5:04 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Dan Rather is probably looking to Petrovich & Grengicoff to get more information on President Bush's National Guard records. After all, he is a great investigative journalist.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

The dragon is so cute. I know he's happy to get to come up for a photo session.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Could be an interesting. Put it right in there with Ghost Whisperer and the now defunct Moonlight.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I'd love to be a Thousand Blogs charter member, but I've a long way to go - could take me a couple of years at this rate! Ah well, I'll have fun trying.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Tell Herman he isn't red enough and be burnt to a crisp with what I'm sure is a roaring flame - no thank you!
Wonderful post Dr. John.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herman is adorable! No wonder Luke loves him. So do I!

10:58 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

poor herman! and he looks so cheerful in your pic... hope luke comes to visit him often :)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the case of Herman I would say that pink is the new red. He looks so happy to have a reason to come up from the dark, cold, lonely basement for this photo op. I think that you should take him out and play with him each day to keep him happy between visits from Luke. You surely would be rewarded for such a good dead.

See my post here, and/or my whole blog I Was Born2Cree8.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I hope the award is around for 2009 as I have another 225 entries to make before I hit the Big One Thousand.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am not even close to 1000 so I guess I am left out.

2:27 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Only a third of the way to the 1000 post level. That is a very big commitment and I somehow feel I will not make it. Still I said I would give up after a year but still going. Are you a member Dr John? I guess so.

2:44 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Herman is so cute..who cares if he's red or not!

3:39 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Great post Dr John...umm can you hear me now;)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home