Friday, May 02, 2008

Another Meme

Saying for the Day: To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. - Marcus Antonius

The Lone Grey Squirrel tagged me.
He does not know how irritated I get when I am tagged.
I will give him no more peanuts and I gave the very best.
But in the spirit of stupid meme's in which I was tagged here is my response.
The tag is to say something about myself in six words.
Following the example of the mighty squirrel itself I can do as many six word thingies as I want. How do you spell thingies.?
Here goes

Once I died
Now I live.

I think thoughts
therefore I am!

I don't drink
alcohol containing drinks.

Breathing not easy
this very day.

Will not kill
squirrel after all.

Picture comes next
on this blog.

Won't tag anyone
Today or ever.

B-My only Grandaughter Breanna

B-Betty my beautiful wife

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The white rabbit was out again today. It was seen at the railroad station, the end of the street, and out at Miller’s Crossing. Everybody that was there saw a big white rabbit wearing a pink sweater and waving. It certainly didn’t look like Mrs. Trumble’s demon.
Some one suggested to Nancy that the beast in Petrovich’s most recent driblet might not be the dragon but the white rabbit. It needs to be protected from Elmer Fudd the hunter Mrs. Trumble is bringing in to catch it. Otherwise the town will burn down. Of course, the only one that considers it to be beast is Mrs. Trumble but it is an interesting theory.
So many people have come wishing to see either the rabbit or the dragon that the Fly Inn is full. That’s good news for the owner. Its not bad news for the two variety stores either.
Nancy is selling more coffee and saffron buns so she too is happy. For all of its past problems Pigeon Falls is doing well. One of the good things about being on the bottom of the economic pile is you don’t drop in a recession.
Petrovich finally posted driblet 32 to his website. It doesn’t read exactly as it did when he posted in town but the changes are relatively minor. Of course, if it is a prediction of the future of Pigeon Falls then even minor changes are important. Apparently some of the old Coptic is just hard to translate.
*****

Today's Link-Sincerity- A group with a wonderful opportunity
It was a busy day. I made adddresses for all the items we sold on eBay. In the morning Betty will take them to the Post Office. My grandsons will be here and will help her carry them in as they are quiet heavy. I spent the day reading and on the computer. I visited all my links and left comments on many of them. I brought my elf tales section up to date. I put Sunday's bulletin on the St. Mark's website. I worked on the blog for tomorrow since the boys will be sleeping in the computer room.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
Betty buying a gift for Luke's birthday , Sunday.







11 Comments:

Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Dr. John,
Squirrel is happy not to have been killed. Has now made note that you are in the "tag free" zone. Thanks anyway for humoring me. I enjoyed reading your 100 things about yourself and was curious what you would choose for just 6 words. Needless to say, "Will not kill squirrel after all." is my personal favorite!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Apparently Mrs. Trumble has never seen a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It is quite likely that if she brings Elmer Fudd into town to catch the white rabbit, the only thing he will accomplish is burning the town down.

Off to check the driblet. Surely there must be something in there about this. :-)

5:26 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That's a lot of groups of six words to describe yourself. I'd have trouble with one set.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I am not so fond of getting tagged either.

But I am fond of your "Sayings for the day". I will start (with your permission) collect and compile them and perhaps make a small booklet.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Well done. I am sure the squirrel is breathing a sigh of relief. Sounds busy in Pigeon Falls.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for Squirrelly - he learned that behavior from me. I'm certain he will be happy to blame me for it as well - it's OK, I can shoulder it! :)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Well done Dr John. Seven times no less. My mind turns to mush at the thought of this meme.

I think the first is the best because it's so amazing. How what once was death can be staved off a little or a lot longer by the right medical intervention. I'm sure you are glad of the gift of every extra day with your family.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I did ONE tag, and no more. I thought if I get started it will never end, so now I just refuse....

Aren't boys fun to by for...and when we get done playing with their gifts, hopefully they still work. haha Or are we the only ones who do that?

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if Luke reads your blog he nows what he's getting?

10:53 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Awwww! Baby Breanna is adorable... and I'm wondering what Beautiful Betty's degree is!

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home