Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Together Again in story

Today's Link
Home on the Range

Today's Saying
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
~Author Unknown


Today's Picture
Please get the doggy channel

A Picture Story from Jeff's Portrait of Words

This story was written by Betty and I together. I would write a line and she would write a line. The only other rule was that neither of us told the other where we wanted to go but we both tried to work in the pictures of the day. No wives or husbands were injured in writing this story.


Bud put on his old fishing hat and shirt and decided no matter what his wife said he was going fishing. No one will miss him and he needs a change of scenery. He could see himself driving across the bridge on his way to the old fishing hole up in the mountains. Into that little blue car would go his fishing gear.He might even stop at that nice roadside stand and pick up some grapes.
" Bud! Bud! Don't forget we're going to my mother's today and I already have the motel reservations."
"No, no! Mothers! yes, yes Fishing, Oh well mothers I guess."
So the dream ends, maybe next week.



News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
With the defeat of the demon life in Pigeon falls returned to normal. There were no more missing animal mysteries for the Constable to solve. The dragons flew over every day on schedule. Tommy UK and Oops had repaired the damage done to the main street by the fight with the demon. The Homeland Security people had salvaged what face they could and gone home. The whale was back in the Lake of the Loon’s. The ghost piano player played on schedule and the shoes danced. The poltergeist served coffee at Nancy’s which somehow seemed like a happier place. The milk train ran more or less on schedule. Tourists kept coming in brought in by the stories in the tabloids , most of which weren’t true. Everybody was starting to plan for Pigeon Falls Days. So many things had to come together. There were no new driblet translations to scare people. Petrovich and family left on vacation for Hawaii on Monday.
Everything wasn’t perfect, however. The constable had given Mrs. Trumble notice and in thirty days would be leaving. She was advertising in the city papers hoping to find a good person for the job. Given the money the town now had she could offer a good salary and a nice work package. She even thought they might get an assistant constable.
Tammy had fallen out of love with Tommy, as young girls will, and in love with Fred Slovinsky Jr. Tommy UK ‘s heart was broken as only the heart of an eighth grader can. He had, however, resisted the temptation to turn Fred into a frog with his ring. However, any time he came near Tammy there was a distinct chill in the air.
One had to say life was back to normal.

Wrap UP
A fairly good day. We still have the high bid on the family house. The auction ends at noon tomorrow. I visited all the friend's links and left comments on entries I hadn't already commented on. Betty spent the day working with the rose bushes and the hanging baskets. We also tried a new recipe for saffron potato pancakes. They were very good. My sister called twice to check on the auction. Now I need a breathing tretment.
GBYA

************************************************************

20 Comments:

Blogger Roan said...

You two write well together! Loved the story.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Batteson.Ind said...

I enjoyed your combined little scenario, I often play this game with the kid, it's great for long car journeys!.. cheers!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

A *New Contest*!??! With FABULOUS prizes??!! Whoooo hooo! I can't WAIT! One week from today? I'll MARK my calendar!

You and Betty did really WELL on that story together today! I wonder if you could do it on a 55?! (evil aren't I?)

Poor Tommy... Tammy is exploring other options... *sigh* She'll be back... he doesn't know it, but she will.

Man, if the mayor puts together a good enough package, I might apply for assistant constable! Surely I could handle it...

6:09 AM  
Blogger aims said...

The combo story was too cute!

As for life in Pigeon Falls being normal...sure - and I've got farmland in Alberta for sale ;0)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Oh I think you need to make this a regular feature, especially since no injuries occurred!! At first I thought you may be writing fiction, but after I saw that it was off to Mother's place instead of fishing, well maybe this is nonfiction after all!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Buford Pickleberry said...

Think we had a brother that moved up to Pigeon Falls after he got done riding with the Basilicians outta Dyersville. Crazy cat we called him Blue Eyed Betty. Ever hear of Bettis Wapsinore? Thanks for the story. Good stuff. Enjoyed the read. I'll have to look up Blue Eyed!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Heff said...

If me and mine attempted that, we'd end up with a story that made absolutely NO SENSE.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Wow, that's normal in Pigeon Falls? And you thought my arrest scene was wild. :)

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No injuries? I'd say that is a darned good marriage! ;)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Thats a fun idea!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Brad Paisley singing "I'm gonna Miss Her" played in my head whilst you had your "dream"...lol

Poor Tommy! My Heart aches for his...that Tammy! She's only as good as she wants to be, and she doesn't want to be much!

Sandi

10:00 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Great story, you two! It is clear to see that you've learned to work well together as a team!

Poor Tommy! Of course it is not Fred's fault that Tammy turned out to be so fickle.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John you and Betty write very well together. Poor Bud but there always is another day. So things are better in Pigeon Falls? That's odd. But I would venture to guess it isn't going to last all that long. WOOT a contest? Hmmm the treacherous trickester up to some new tricks possibly? Aloha my friend :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Betty got her own way then? LOL

11:56 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I am still laughing about your "Today's Saying" that's soooo true ! and on top they call it "sport" !

12:45 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I liked the combined story with Betty. I love the quote. Too funny.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you wrote a story with your wife. How sweet! And it flowed. you might enjoy Remainered Random Musings link at my blog. he is a fisherman.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Home on the Range said...

Thank you for the link! Always nice to make a new friend out here. I like the quotes as well.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

This was wonderful teamwork, you and Betty work so well together.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Thom - - Dr. John said...

I enjoyed this at Betty's as well. Nice team effort.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home