Monday, December 22, 2008

More of Me Again

Today's Link
Ramsey Daily Photo

Saying for the Day
Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money. ~Author Unknown

Picture of the Day
(From the Archives)

It’s Monday and time to reveal more of me.
On Raven’s blog I found two memes , a long one and a short one. Because we are so close to Christmas I decided to borrow only the short one.
All I have to do is list 6 things you do every day that make your life better. ( Raven only had five)

1. I thank God for a new day and ask Him to guide me in it.
2. I take two breathing treatments, one in the morning and one at night, to keep my lungs as open as possible.
3. I take a horrible number of pills.
4. I blog. What would life be without blogging?
5. I play with my trains. Every man needs some toy.
6. I spend an extended time in evening prayer. I thank God for the day. I pray for the needs of others. I try to remember the prayers asked for on blogs. I close with the Lord’s Prayer.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Yesterday around noon the shadow suddenly vanished. That’s right it just vanished. There was everything that had been under the shadow , all of it unhurt.
Over at the Maki farm where it all began his dog was back as good as ever. All his cows and chickens were back. Even the two Homeland Security people who had vanished were back. They were found sitting on the backs of cows facing the tail. They had no idea of how they got there. They remembered nothing from the time they entered the shadow until it disappeared. The cows, of course, couldn't talk.
The Homeland Security people who just minutes before the shadow vanished had been demanding that an Atomic Bomb be dropped in order to save the world. Now were desperately trying to find out why it was gone.
Some kid told them to go talk to Herman at his mother’s house . So they did. He gave them some crazy story about putting together a kid’s puzzle and this made the shadow vanish. They decided he was some kind of local flake. If the best equipment they could bring to the task couldn’t get rid of the shadow there was no way putting together a puzzle would do it. Of that they were sure. They finally decided that something they had tried had had a delayed reaction and they had gotten rid of the shadow. That’s the way they wrote their final report.
But In Pigeon Falls people knew that Herman was the hero. He was the town Seer and the one who saved it.
Wrap Up
Just one of those days. I blogged in the morning. Then Betty and I went back to cleaning up the living room. My sister Chris called. She never calls. It must be close to Christmas. She had already opened the gifts we center her. I got a stange package from Santa Claus and I was going to open it but there was a card also from Santa Claus that said " Don't you dare open until Christmas". So I won't. Even the return address said North Pole. Betty and I wrapped gifts. Then Betty went to her eye exam. I posted the Christmas bulletin for St. Mark's. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
****************************************************************

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for Herman!! I wonder how he will handle all the attention now.

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into who Dr. John really is...I just knew you were a awesome person!

Marlene

5:41 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I have to take care of those prayers for bloggers as I see them... or sometimes, I'll take notes... but usually I just go ahead and stop and say a prayer right then.

Goooooooo HERMAN! Oh, I am SO relieved he sucked it up and PUT that puzzle together! The shadow is GONE! The church will stay! The Maki farm is BACK! All is RIGHT with the world! Has anybody seen the dragons?

7:52 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh SHOOT! By the way... I LOVE that picture of you and Betty! You BOTH look so happy!!! Well done!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I can relate to #4 (I do it) and #5 (MWM [my wonderful man] does it)!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Good for Herman! And I think the world is truly blessed to have someone like you that remembers to pray for the needs of others.

Merry Christmas!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Herman (and Pastor Joan for that sermon!) I was getting so dang stressed!

I used to do extended morning prayers, then my life rearranged itself. Now I no longer have a set time for prayer, and I find it isn't as focused as it once was. Some changes are in order ....

10:06 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I like your meme...I may do it today!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

How's the weather out there?
You and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I am not sure where my post went, but I left it on the goolge browser page. I have just read your story about becomng a minister. That was so touching. I think a lot of people can relate to the humaness of your story. I cried when your Grandmother died. Just too beautiful. You and Betty look so sweet in your picture. Blessings.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Thank goodness Pigeon Falls is safe, and out from under the black shadow! This has been a most interesting story, written by a most interesting fellow.

Stay warm, Dr. John, and have a wonderful Christmas.

2:24 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Love you guys! See you around Christmas can you belive only 2 more days!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Always glad to hear you get a chance to spend time with your trains.

I just brought back a little N scale train that I will play around with during the next few weeks. It is steam with passenger cars - my favorite vintage though I do like freight also and, okay, I like diesel, too..! Heh!

Take care and glad to hear you have read all the Oz books! There are quite a group of them! You are much better than I am! I have good intentions but have not made it through them yet!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Now we know again more about you.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Hi Dr. John,
Just a quick note to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and wish you many Blessings for the New Year.
I'll be away from blogland for awhile but I'll be back real soon to see what's up here.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I am also very happy to have discovered blogging ! The only hic is in real life nobody understands what I am doing at least not those of my generation ! Most of them think that a computer is a dangerous beast which bites. And I am crazy to use it. Only my son's generation finds it wonderful that an old lady like me dares to use a computer, lol !
Tomorrow we go to Holland to celebrate Christmas with our son.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

And I thank you so much for those prayers! btw my sister, Reva, will possibly get to go home today.
Yay!
Merry Christmas,
Brenda

9:12 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

It's good to see you smiling in a Christmas card picture! :)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home