Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thursday July 7

Saying for the day:Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.Doug Larson
......Well there was a lot of excitement in Pigeon Falls yesterday. Grandma Moris and her grand daughter, you know the one that always wears the cute little red riding hood, were having tea and lemonade in the back yard when suddenly a big wolf appeared. Why those ladies screamed so loud you could here them in town. Ken Johnson from the "We Cut Um" lumber company was driving by when he heard the screaming. He grabbed his axe and got that wolf right between the eyes with one throw. That, of course, was a big mistake. Now the DNR is threatening to prosecute him for killing a protected animal. He had to learn the hard way that rescuing old ladies and their grand daughter from the big bad wolf only makes you a hero in fairy tales. There is talk in town, however, of taking up a collection to pay his fine, if the DNR does prosecute. Grandma Moris even offered to serve his jail time, if it comes to that. Grandma insists that she will be able to cater the wedding on Saturday. Speaking of that wedding Eino Jupola got so involved in the wedding plans that he let slip that the initial of the last name of the star they are trying to get . It is M. Well I'll keep you informed on what's happening in Pigeon Falls.
.......Very restless night last night. I think I have to watch what I eat before I go to bed. In the morning we went downstairs and cut pieces for the trestle we have now committed ourselves to making. Then Dawn and Paul came with rocks and took us out to lunch at Fob's. They are bringing more rocks on Sunday. Betty went to the hair dresser and I built three bents for the trestle. For a four foot trestle we have decided to use nine bents. After Betty returned we went back to building a mountain. I assumed we had enough rocks for two days work but Betty has gotten so good that she finished all the rocks in an hour an one half. Betty went then to water the plants and take some pictures while I came in and worked on my computer. There was an E-mail letter from Chris wondering about our web cam and our software . I sent her an e-mail letter telling her I needed some more time to evaluate what the camera can do. What I really need is a wireless camera that can feed directly into the computer. What I have is what I could afford. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

1 Comments:

Blogger Penelda said...

I understand about settling for what you can afford. So what will the bridesmaids being wearing at the wedding.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home