Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Wednesday

As the large cloud of chocolate bars hung over Pigeon Falls the group met. The question was how do you get rid of them without harming the environment. Ideas ranged from hauling them to a volcano and throwing them in to putting them in boxes and storing them in empty barns. This cold weather would keep them from melting. They could give them free all winter long to the tourists.
Finally Mrs. Trumble suggested they give them away to people who might like a candy bar or two but the budget didn’t allow it. She would pay for trucks, and railroad cars and send them out across the Upper Peninsula. Food pantries would be offered as many boxes as they wanted until they were all gone.
So the next day Robert lowered the bars into the field outside of town and volunteers brought every empty box in town and loaded them in the boxes and the boxes into the trucks and then the railroad cars. When they used up the last box there was still a small pile of bars left so every volunteer got to take some home.
Chief Ican told his sister , who is visiting, that one never though that chocolate bars could be such a problem. He really hoped the kid would hold off until Friday when Dr. Jim was coming.
Somewhere in Pigeon Falls a child says:
Кіт у капелюсі приходить зараз

Well here it is Wednesday and I still haven’t made it to the basement to work on the train layout. Monday Betty had to go the Doctor and the general rule is that you don’t go to the basement which has lots of potential things to trip us unless somebody else is in the house.
Tuesday we started taking down Christmas. I hate that but it has to be done.
Today I won’t get there because this morning I have to go to the lung doctor. It is a forty minute ride and that and the stress means I won’t feel like doing much when we get back . Besides there are still Christmas things to remove.
But there is always next week. At least the blog is working about the way I saw it.
The comments have been interesting. One nice person said she didn’t see much difference ( i.e.. The Emperor has no clothes or Much ado about nothing.) The differences, however, are significant for me. There is less searching ( sayings) , less writing ( separate story blog) and it all adds up to less time blogging .
I have simplified which was my goal. I have done so , hopefully, keeping the character of the blog intact.
I know there is Global Warming since I have been properly chastised for doubting but it sure has been cold. A couple days it was below zero Fahrenheit and to me that’s cold. I know that the countries big cold snap and Europe’s snow has no meaning but couldn’t global warming at least warm us a little?
Saturday we went shopping. We went to the first store on the list ( Office Max) and I said this is just too cold let’s go home. You try riding a scooter into the wind at five below zero. It took me an hour to warm up when we got home.
But this is called a few words so this is enough.
A quick addition. The Doctor's Office just called and he has emergency surgery so they have rescheduled for tomorrow.
One more addition. Because we had the time we went to the walk in clinic at Walgreen's and got the H1N1 Flue Vacination.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get the Christmas stuff down fast enough LOL. I hope all goes well with the doctor tomorrow and hope it was okay with Betty as well. If your happy with your blog layout...so am I. Now if we could just figure out what that child is saying. Some different writing today at the end of what he/she says I notice. Maybe they should call in Willy Wonka?

1:15 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I'm hungry. I'd like one of those chocolate bars.

I hope your visit to the lung doctor brings wonderful news and great joy!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hoping that you have a great report with your doctor tomorrow. I think this Global Warming is just a bunch of bunk. WE are Dang cold and there is more snow this year than in years past. I think this Global Warming Scare is from the Same Folks who brought us the Y2K Scare in 1999.

5:12 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

It's all George W. Bush's fault.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Why does Christmas take a lot less time to put away than it did to put up?

6:43 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

At least you got to church on Sunday! I'm going tonight for the Epiphany service...

I can't wait to hear what the lung doctor has to say! I just PRAY he has good news for us! But whether he does or not -- you FEEL better and that's the important thing! Right?

THAT was a GREAT plan the mayor came up with! I LOVE it!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to de-Christmas right now but my husband isn't having it. We'll likely have everything up for at least 2 more weeks. I just want some organization this year with the baby coming.

You'll get to your train in the right time...just relax and try to stay warm right now!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Only in Pigeon Falls would the phrase "a large cloud of chocolate bars" make perfect sense.

What I'd like is a stack that will disappear a few seconds after I eat them.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Best wishes with your doctor visit. We are all pulling for you!

Yes, Dr. John, I believe it is global warming.
Our hots will be hotter but to go along with that the colds will be colder. Except the mean changes turn out to be more warm effects than the cold.
This said, we may all freeze to death in twenty-five years if we live that long. That probably is an exageration.

Those Pigeon Falls people. Why don't they just round up all the kids and lock them in the school house?
I would suggest they lock all the cats up there too, in the basement.
..

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I hate taking down the Christmas stuff. It will sit there until my husband can't take it anymore and will take over. That's how I roll. I hope you are well, Dear Dr. John!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, I like the new look and most of all, I like that it makes YOU happy!
Who would've thought that chocolate bars could cause such a problem? (Well, besides on my frame!)

No one is volunteering to help me put away decorations here, but it needs to be done. The outside lights are just going to stay for a while. No one needs to be outside in this weather!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I still dont have my H1N1 yet and I still dont have my Christmas decorations put away. You are way ahead of me!
<><

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home