Monday, July 06, 2009

The Patriotic Me

It is the Monday after the fourth of July and this meme seemed right.. I took it from Thom’s blog. Betty also used it so you can see how different we are.

Today's Link
Raising Addie

Today's Saying
Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Today's Picture
After the Fourth

Yankee Doodle Dandy

1. What is your favorite 4th of July memory? Going to my sister’s house on the lake and setting off rockets. My mother got a licensee from the township.

2. Do you consider yourself patriotic? Is Uncle Sam patriotic.

3. Do you like fireworks? No. I love fireworks. Once I shot myself in the eye and I still love fireworks.

4. What did you do this weekend? The whole family got together and we spent the day setting off fireworks with time out to grill steaks.

5. Are you optimistic about the future? Sort of.

6. Do you think everyone should serve in the military? No

7. Would you support a constitutional ban on flag burning? No. We have enough things clogging up the courts now. Some unpopular things just have to be ignored.

8. What end of the political spectrum are you? .Lets see. I could be a liberal conservative or perhaps a conservative liberal or reverse those and add confusion.

9. Where do you get your news? From CNN, ABC, and Fox.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Saturday night everything went wrong. One of those big wooly elephants came through the doorway and then seeing the cage backed out. Things were looking good. Then one of the bouncing heads came through. Suddenly it stopped bouncing and beams came from its eyes. The cage bars melted. One minute they were blocking the way the next they were a puddle of metal on the cage floor. The creature bounced over the puddle and out into the woods. It may be more dangerous than the wooly elephant.Eino was very upset.
This morning he looked at the video from last night and with no cage a parade of odd creatures came through and into the woods. Now he is afraid it is an evading army.
Tommy UK came in this morning and together they tried to figure out what to do next. Tommy said they had to go back to studying the driblet and they needed to act fast.
Yesterday one of the two man teams ran into a wooly elephant and shot it with the needle gun. But instead of falling asleep the animal began to get bigger and then began to float. It looked like something out of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.

Wrap UP
I have been tired all day. I guess I'm still reacting to Sunday's late night. I really do need my sleep. I did get all of the blogs that left comments yesterday visited. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**********************************

15 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Some interesting answers there. Too many in the west nowadays think patriotism is to a particular politicism. To me, it isn't. It's to an overall ideal of what your country stands for.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Good answers Dr John, now I am off to see Betty's.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

Oh, the answer is up on the blog. Thom will be pleased with himself.

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God made men, men made boundaries and we searching freedom.

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should all be conservative liberals who are brave enough to admit that we are confused! :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Robynn's Ravings said...

Loved your take on fireworks - I'm right there with you on several fronts in this post!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love fireworks too.

Hmmm, an inflating elephant. What's up with that?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Curiouser and curiouser...

Flag burning makes me REALLY sad - and MAD... that people have so little respect... But you MAY be right... I'm just not sure. I'm not ALL IN on that!

I'm optimistic about the future. I'm an optimist! :) Seriously - I can BE optimistic because I know in the end God wins! We may go through some rough spots ... but God is in control. (of course, the fact that some of His spots last 40 years or more... that is a little bothersome! LOL!)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Great meme.

It's looks like you had enough fireworks to keep the neighbors awake. We didn't do any of our own but we can see the town's fireworks from our deck.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

This whole Pigeon Falls thing is just a bad dream Eino is having right? He's going to wake up and .... no, things will never be normal in Pigeon Falls. Never mind.

10:29 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Oh man - things are looking decidedly scary in Pigeon Falls. Good thing I live way up north!

It took me a minute - no kidding Dr. John - to figure out what you had been doing on that table. Duh.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great answers. I'm totally opposite on that flag burning issue. But oh well. I wonder what kind of creature that was that melted the cage? Interesting. Aloha

10:50 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I thought you'd been potting plants on the table until I read you'd had fireworks! :)

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Floating woolly elephants? I love it.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Your meme answers surprised me..
in a good way.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I had a good time despite the constant chattering by both of our daughters.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home