Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quilly's words get a warrant

Today's Link
Way Up North

Today's Saying
I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

Today's Picture

It is a Quilly day. Time to take Quilly’s three words for the day and write a story. The words are rubefacient, senticous, & divagations. Click on a word for a definition

Chief Ican Getum was now in possession of some very senticous information. He was sure of who the woman was that met with the orchestra director the night he was killed. But he could not prove it. He needed more to get a warrant to search her house. He did not want to end up looking like a rubefacient had been applied to his face. He had to get this right.
So he went back to the crime scene. He noticed that around the corner from the opropolist's shop there was an all night gas station with video surveillance. Why in the world hadn’t his men seen that ? He went to the owner and asked, well demanded, the tapes for the night of the murder. There on tape he found what he was looking for . Just fifteen minutes before the shooting the blue car , in question, had parked across the street from the station. A person had gotten out and gone around the corner. At that distance, however, there was no way to identify the person but it certainly looked and walked like a woman. Right after the murder that person had come running back to the car and driven rapidly away. All of this could be verified by the time stamps on the tape.
He was ready to go to the judge. As he waited for the judge he thought that all of these divagations would not have been necessary if he had had a decent staff. The judge looked at him like he was out of his mind when he told him what he wanted. But when he saw the evidence accumulated thus far he agreed there were grounds for a warrant.
“ You know, if your wrong and even if your right, this could get you fired.” the judge reminded him.
“ I’m thinking I might quit anyway. There is a quiet little town called Pigeon Falls looking for a man. In a town like that there would be lots of time to fish. I just need your word you will prevent me from being fired until this all plays out”. Said the Chief.
“ I can do that” the judge said as he signed the warrant.
Chief Ican laughed and said, “ Now I’m off to see the Mayor, the wonderful Mayor of Oz”
To be continued tomorrow...


And of course with Quilly's words comes the required quivel. Remember to write quivel you must write something that looks like a poem, any style , but is so bad that if it was printed in a book of poetry a true poetic zoilist would tear it out and burn it. What looks like bad haiku is really qiku where the middle line must always contain a Quilly word.

The Prickly Lady
If senticous one could be
Surely it applied to she
She of all the divagations
Not one for accommodations
Inventor of a rubefacient
Her one big achievement
But now she delighted in
Exposing other people’s sin
Editor of that awful tabloid
Which one really should avoid.

Face
rubefacient
Red

Cactus
Senticous
Rush

Many
Divagations
Lost
Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
At the regular meeting of the Town Council Mrs. Trumble shared some of the resumes of people applying for the job of Constable. There were , so far, one hundred and ten applications. It seems that in this bad economy any job is better than none. Some of the material was funny. One man wrote “ My last three jobs were as a janitor so you can see I have been cleaning places up all my life. I would be perfect as Constable in Pigeon Falls as I could clean up the town.”
Another wrote “I am very much aware of the problems in small town bars , having spent much time there. I think I could control the local rif raf.”
One applicant even had a Ph.D. in English History.
Mrs. Trumble gave the resumes to the employment committee and asked them to narrow the group to six applications.
In other business the Pigeon Falls Days Committee reported that the tentative schedule for the big week should be ready by the next meeting. They don’t see a lot of changes over last year.

Wrap UP
I had a great birthday7. Both my sisters and Melli called ( How great is that) Betty made me special saffron items for breakfast and lunch.I visited everyone that I knew were using Quilly's words. Melli sent me a tasty birthday gift. Betty went to Bible Study. Betty has ordered an Olympus digital camera for my birthday. Peter just called. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
************************************************************

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dr. John
Happy Birthday to you.

I hope you have a great day.

I'm so glad that the judge is going to give Chief Getum the time he needs to solve the mystery. I can't believe his men didn't see the camera the first time around. Oh well what can you say about hired help. I hope he sent his resume into Pigeon Falls...maybe he's the that could control the local rifraf

Happy Birthday once again. :) Aloha my friend :)

1:29 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

An excellent continuing story. Enjoying this. Mindst you, when I came to your blog this morning, I thought you had a personal message for me. Then I realised it was 'Way Up' and not 'Wake Up' :-)

1:31 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

HAppy Birthday, Dr. John! I hope your day is outstanding and full of laughter and great fun!

2:32 AM  
Blogger Ordinarily Just Me said...

Well, happy b-day to you. I know many people who are having theirs tomorrow. I hope your day was great.
I love the chiefs name btw! Is Ican Getum really going to pigeon falls? or will he solve the crime and continue on for another one? Can't wait to see.
OJM

3:57 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Happy birthday Dr John!! I too wish you a wonderful wonderful day. And MANY happy returns of the day.

I'm so glad I followed your wise advice.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Those saffron potato pancakes are making me verrrrrry hungry! mmmm....

Oh, I'm sO glad the Chief has the judge on his side! I can't wait to see how this plays out... I think I might have to come down to the courthouse and WATCH!

LOVED your Quivel today!

Oh darn! I haven't sent an application IN yet... I better get on that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PASTOR!!! I do hope you have GREAT EXCITEMENT today! ADVENTURE! Frolicsome Fun! And a really REALLY good breathing day! You got a LOT of candles to blow out!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Just heard that today was your birthday. Here's wishing you a great and fantastic birthday filled with lots of love and friends.

I enjoyed your post today and learned some new words. :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Today is the day great men were born!

Happy Birthday DrJ.!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Amber Star said...

I saw on Melli's page that today is your birthday. Hope it is a wonerful day for you all day long :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Happy Birthday. I will help you eat the cakes on the photos. And I ampleased to see that "my" castle is still in your "headline".

8:47 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Happy Birthday! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger aims said...

It's your birthday! You're too young to be getting older!

Happy Birthday Dr. John. Hope it is a great one - you deserve a wonderful day.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JOHN!

and many happy returns m'dear.

As always, you did a fantastic job with the given words. :)

10:30 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Well, at least everybody isn't against Ican. I hope he solves this case before the good people of Pigeon Falls hire their new constable!

And, I left your birthday wishes here last night before I read your post (cuz it was late and I was sleepy), but they bear repeating -- Happy Birthday Dr. John. I hope it's a great one! (And I really wish I'd been there for breakfast!)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I just wanted to shut down (my computer not my mouth) when I read that it is your birthday !

SO HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

all the best and above all good HEALTH !

PS. Now I can go to bed !

12:31 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Happy Birthday Dr John

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I know someone who knows someone who got a job in the police force around here. There were closer to 400 applicants. Even when the economy isn't bad, it's considered a desirable job.

1:02 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

happy happy birthday grandpa!!!!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you! I hope your day is especially wonderful and that you have many, many more. I hope you realize that we (your blogging friends) have gotten the best gift though, and that is the gift of knowing you. You truly are an inspiration.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy Birthday! An Olympus! NICE camera. You will have fun in your posts with that.

5:09 PM  
Blogger RA said...

Hi, I come from Thom's blog. Wishing you a lot of joy and blessings as you step into another year. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and weekend :)!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Happy Birthday, Dr. John!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Even the judge has given you a nice gift today. ;)

6:40 PM  
Blogger bettygram said...

Happy Birthday!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

nearly missed it.... happy birthday to you dr. john! may your year be blessed and peaceful!

10:32 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

You are sooo clever & talented! I love reading your stuff.


You are very kind & sweet to come to my site ALOT & leave a message... even though it is not your 'cup of tea' shall we say? It's just Kick Azzzz Rock & Roll.

I have another site---one you will probably be more relaxed in... it's
http://stillofitall.blogspot.com/
and I'm reactivating it for you.

10:52 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Me again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. JOHN--
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y 2 U!!!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home