Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quilly's Words

Today's Link
Funny Girl Goes Blog

Today's Saying
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Today's Picture
Ella & Elmer on a date














It is a Quilly day. Time to take Quilly’s three words for the day and write a story. The words are paladin, intransigent, & invidious
Click on a word for a definition.

All of his life Francis had wanted to be a paladin, one of those heroes like the guy in “Have gun will Travel” on TV. He wanted to save the town from some horrible evil.
But he was just an accountant. He pushed , intransigent numbers across the page and tried to make sense out of them but no paladin ever had the slogan “ Have adding machine will travel”.
But then he could dream and he did.
He ignored the invidious comparisons between accountants and lawyers that people kept making. He did not work for the Mafia or any local gangsters. He did not help people cheat on their income tax.
He wanted with all his heart to be a hero. He saw himself flying over the town preventing evil space creatures from entering in.
Thus he would be happy with the statue the town had erected in his honor in the city square. It shows him with arms outstretched holding a dog. The metal plate has only two words” Our Paladin”.
He would love it if he hadn’t died in the fire saving the boy and going back for the dog.
Becoming a hero can be very costly.

And of course with Quilly's words comes the required quivel. Remember to write quivel you must write something that looks like a poem, any style , but is so bad that if it was printed in a book of poetry a true poetic zoilist would tear it out and burn it. What looks like bad haiku is really qiku where the middle line must always contain a Quilly word.

I'm Right

“I do not make invidious remarks “ he said
Throwing a hard right cross to his head
On this point intransigent I be
I really hope that you can see
The paladin inside of me

Net Awards
Invidious honors
So many

Unmoving
intransigent
People

Hero
King’s paladin
Knight


Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.
News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
The D.N.R. man is now very upset. Three more wolves have vanished and he thinks an unknown number of deer. He has contacted Lansing and described the situation and they have taken the problem to the University. While he waits for that word the local D.N.R. man has been calling various wolf experts to see if anything like this has happened anywhere else. But as of today the mystery remains.
Both Eino and Mrs. Trumble have contacted Homeland Security. The sheer numbers have them concerned and they are promising to send some help. But Tommy UK pointed out that in the past their help has been less than helpful. But the driblet does say they need more power.
Wrap UP
Ella's time is coming to an end. She, of course, has left but the pictures will continue through Saturday. I had a good day. My sister called and I started getting set up to bid for her on the house we grew up in since she doesn't have any internet connection. Betty went to the Dentist and the Post Office. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***************************************************

18 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I don't think the homeland security guys have the kind of power Pigeon Falls is going to need! Better call Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, instead!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done, sir.

4:58 AM  
Blogger roughterrain crane said...

This is the first time for me to see the words of Lord Byron. You lifted him up from my old memories. Thank you!
Could you visit my blog to see blossoms and flowers?

5:07 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Poor brave Francis! Nicely done.

Ella's got a boy friend! How lovely for her. I hope he doesn't break her heart.

10:15 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

You know what Paladin's first name was?...Wire!

His card read...

HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL

Wire Paladin...San Francisco




Is the 55 in the hopper yet?

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story and a true hero. I really enjoyed this. And Ella and Elmer are a cute couple. Of course Green Bay Packer fans :) Pigeon Falls may need Steve McQueen :) Excellent Dr. John

10:45 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I made a comment and Cyberspace swallowed it up, never to be seen again.

Oh well, I did like this and got a chuckle out of “ Have adding machine will travel”

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

It looks like Ella & Elmer had fun on their date.

I like the link of the day.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Heroism is costly, but the statue is nice.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Great job on doing 30 poems.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Great story!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Wishing you and your sister success on bidding on your old home.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh wow! I've missed a lot! LOVED the Quilly story - hated the ending - but only cuz I like happy. Really it was a great ending!

Yea... I'm not sure Homeland Security is worth BEANS! And the National Guard can't really help this time either. I think we need some PSYCHIC power here! I think OOPS needs to come back!!!

Dawn is trying to buy your old family home??? Wow! That would be cool! I hope you're successful! And I hope the dentist was nice to Betty today!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Bz said...

Hope the dentist, post office and breathing tx. all went according to plan.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I prefer the post office to the dentist !

11:03 PM  
Blogger Jientje said...

... but then again, he was only dreaming right? Excellent Quivel you wrote there, and I love the pictures of Ella and her boyfriend. Such a cute elephant she is, a loving boyfriend was bound to happen for her! Will they be traveling together from now on?

3:35 AM  
Blogger Ordinarily Just Me said...

Oh my, you have been very busy. first with the poem(s) and then with 3wt. As always I humbly bow down. Perhaps if I started early, instead of leaving it to the last minute, I could do better. I look forward to next weeks.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I too thought of TVs Paladin and "Have Gun Will Travel", though didn't write about it. I enjoyed your story.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home