Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tuesday

Дощ бари
Just after he got off the phone with Dr. Jim Chief Ican looked out the window as the rain started , only it wasn’t rain.
Instead of rain there were chocolate bars of all kinds falling from the sky. In actuality they weren’t falling they were floating down and landing softly on the road.
Children on their way to school were helping themselves and putting them in their back sacks. People came out from the Fly Inn and loaded up with bars and bot Winks Woods and Kivi & Maki each took a box full.
But still the bars came until you couldn’t drive on the main street without crushing bars. Soon they were piled three and four layers deep and they kept coming.
The question was what do you do with them. Mrs. Trumble thought of using snow removal equipment to move them but she didn’t know where to put them . They were poison to dogs and some animals so you couldn’t just pile them in a vacant lot. What do you do with them?
Around noon with the bars now piled eight foot high they stopped falling but didn’t go away. They were here to stay. Now they had the full main street covered with bars to a depth of eight feet.
Mrs. Trumble called Robert.
Robert created an invisible net , scooped them into it and hung them over Pigeon Falls. This gave them some time to come up with an answer.
That evening Mrs. Trumble, Chief Ican, Pastor Joan , Herman, Tommy UK, Robert , and Eugene met to try to find a solution.

I was going to do a Portrait of Words today but last night I had this wild dream that I just had to share with you.
I was sitting in my study at the computer when suddenly this big head with no body floated into the room.
It was muttering something in German which I didn't understand ( my German is very rusty) and the English said " Off you go!"
A whirlwind descended on me and I found myself transported to an old farm, possibly in Iowa.
I saw the farmer by the fence and tried to talk to him but he didn't seem to understand English. I tried French and Finnish but he didn't seem to understand those either.
Suddenly the head appeared again . " Time to move !" he said. Back came the whirlwind and I found myself flying away again.
This time I found myself at the entrance to a castle.
The drawbridge was down, the gate was up, and the clock was about to strike twelve ( somehow in the dream that was important) and so I rushed in. But instead of finding the big hall of a castle I fond myself on a large plain facing two horses.
They looked like my childhood pony Tessie with tattoos or a paint job. One was bathed in a pink light and the other in blue.
The head appeare4d again and said " Choose and ride!".
I haven't ridden since the horse threw me as a kid and tried to step on me. But I picked the blue horse and somehow got on it. Immediately it began to run and then to fly and I was sure I would fall off and be crushed . But then it landed safely in a very strange amusment park. The merry go round had upside down men going up and down instead of horses.
The Ferris Wheel went down into the earth instead of up into the sky. Everything was just all wrong.
But then the head appeared and said " Ride on! Ride on!"
So I got back on the horse and away we went but now it went higher and higher and it got colder and colder . It was also getting harder to breath. I could hear alarm buzzers and bells.
Then I woke up . My oxygen tube had come loose and my wool blanket had fallen off. But I was glad to get out of that dream.But now everywhere I look I see that stupid head.

Of course the dragons were busy today you can see them HERE.
If you want far better stories written with these pictures go HERE

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is absolutely brilliant. You never cease to amaze me. You come up with the best stories all the time. I love how it's a dream and you have the talking head...maybe you've hung out a Pigeon Falls for such a long time, it was just bound to happen in one of your dreams :) Especially with falling chocolate bars. Good thing Robert came up with the net...well done. I also must say I love how you show the photos in like a slide show next to the POW logo. Very nice. :)

1:35 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ahhhhhh! Yesterday my translator told me the child said "rain saloons"... but I think it MEANT "rain bars"... it didn't know they'd be chocolate! LOL! What a MESS! I hope Pigeon Falls doesn't get a heat wave... it truly MIGHT rain chocolate... ewwww! What a gooey mess THAT would be! Well... they're safe for now, in the net! I wonder how long that net lasts....

WOW! That was some dream you had last night! Must have been something you ate!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I'm amazed the bars didn't simply go away, right as someone tried to eat one.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Was this really a dream Dr. John? It's like one of your fantastic stories!

I'm sorry I haven't done a POW this time I forgot all about it I'm afraid. I blame the snow - it's addled my brain! ;)

9:18 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Hmmm - what to do with all those chocolate bars?

I guess they could be thrown into freezers for a bit so they don't melt.

But I think the best solution would be take them to some of the areas where children don't get chocolate bars. Like lower income families in the surrounding country?

Perhaps the magical child came from a place where they didn't have things such as chocolate bars and other goodies.

Now I'm wondering if that head is going to be only something you see or if the rest of us are suddenly going to see it too! Yikes!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

You're such a talented writer, you can even make up brilliant stories like this one while you're sleeping! Loved it!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Whoa, your dreams are almost as weird as mine! Nice job Dr. John.
Love Di

12:25 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hello Dr. John, hoping that you and the whole family had a wonderful holiday season. Happy New Year to you all, may God's blessings be shower upon you daily...my dreams feel like another life i'm leading lol ... so much energy is had while sleeping i guess it goes to our imagination...u have always had an awesome one..so many books could be printed from your daily stories..ur blog is full of great reading material for years to come...i hope your breathing has been well and that this winter's cold isn't too hard on the bones...much love from calgary and from all our hearts...xo

2:26 PM  
Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

Oh heavens: raining chocolate bars? That's *my* dream! I'm sorry yours had the strange Head following you everywhere--but I'm glad you woke up safely!

Loved the story!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

I never dream. I lay down at night and fall into a coma. It is very difficult to wake me (it can take up to 10 minutes).

I have no idea what that means, but I do get jealous when people remember their elaborate dreams!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I did better than Melli but I understood it wrongly. I thought of 'bars' as keeping from. I did get to the 'rain bars.'

That is a scary dream you had. A scary head too. At one time I interpretted dreams on my blog but I stopped that. It was a flog as far as I was concerned.
Jim Dreams Interpretation, second post down, has a nice book that will help you, for real, interpret this dream. Our library has it.
..

8:40 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

The chocolate bars should have fallen before Halloween. Folks would know what to do with them. And I think that floating head was in my dream last night, too -- AND it stole my blanket. I don't know how, but it did. (Amoeba surely wouldn't do such a thing!)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Oh my ! what a dream ! Sometimes it's really amazing what we dream ! My husband who awake is a peaceful man, but fights in all dreams bangs his fist against the wall and very often falls out of the bed because he has to "hide", lol !

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

Raining choc bars sounds like fun, the talking head not so much. Interesting new format. Hope all is well.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Great PofW Dr John, I so love your Wonderful Imagination.

5:13 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I got "rain bars" also. Maybe I have been reading the Bible too much lately, but those chocolate bars made me think of the manna in the wilderness, then I corrected myself as I remembered the quail three feet deep around the camp of the Israelites. Then the head in your dream, may I say, reminded me of how the pillar of cloud by day and fire by night moved and the Israelites would break camp and move too.

But I'm not going to stop reading my Bible.

I hope your stories last for 40 more years, and then we will both be old enough to enter the promised land. Except Moses never did....

I'm going to stop now.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home