Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chrome Registration?

Link of the Day
I Shot a Man in Reno

Saying for the Day:

There are three kinds of death in this world. There's heart death, there's brain death, and there's being off the network. ~Guy Almes
Picture of the Day:
The Days Wrap UP :
The dragon is one of Pennie's dragons. It lives in her office and helps her counsel children. Yesterday it went with Betty to Bible Study but instead of paying attention it spent its time there teasing the lion which is the symbol of St. Mark. Pennie has to talk to that dragon. In the morning I worked up last night's VBS pictures for St. Mark's website. I went looking for dragons on blogs responding to Melli. There are lots of dragons out there. Then I visited all my links or most of them. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************
Chrome Registration?
About a week and one half ago I came into the computer room at 5:00 in the morning ( my usual time). I started the computer. The usual garbage came up that I haven’t figured out how to stop yet. There were the two Kodak notifications ( I can’t get rid of them). The notification from Microsoft that their firewall was turned off ( I’m using a different one). And of course weather bug.
Once I cleared the screen of all of this I was ready to go to my primary browser “ Firefox” , which I much prefer over eExplorer. I hit the icon and got this message.:
“Chrome Registration Failed”
What? What in the world?
I didn’t register any chrome.
I didn’t unregister any chrome.
I didn’t in any way mess with anything called “ Chrome Registration”.
I wondered if I had a virus that attacked Chrome Registration whatever that was.
The error notice required that I acknowledge it. So I did and I got:
Another notice “Chrome Registration Failed”
It also needed to be acknowledged. So I did . And again I Got:
“Chrome Registration Failed”
Ah! But at that point my browser appeared. I had a blog to write. So I ignored the problem. I figured when my blog was published then I could shut off the computer and do a Microsoft cure. You know! When you turn it back on all the bad things are gone.
So I published the blog and turned off the computer.
I turned it back on. Cleared the screen. And pushed the icon for Firefox.
And I got three “Chrome Registration Failed” error messages , one after the other.
But there was my Firefox. It worked Chrome or no Chrome. But the messages were irritating.
So I went to Blingo ( I could have won a gift certificate but I didn’t) and typed in Chrome Registration.
I found the following solution.
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Tools menu, and select Add-ons.
2. The Add-ons window will open. In the Add-ons window, click the Extensions icon.
3. A list of installed extensions will be displayed. If you see any extension that you did not install yourself, select it, and click on Disable.
4. From the menu at the top of the Firefox windowbar, select FileFirefox and then select the ExitQuit FirefoxQuit menu item.
5. Start Firefox.
6. If the error still occurs, try disabling a different extension.
So I did that. There were three extensions and I didn’t remember adding any of them.
I picked the one I liked least . It started Iwon and then some numbers.
I clicked on disable. It wouldn’t. That’s right it refused to disable.
Now what do I do.
Well I went to the control panel and uninstalled the Iwon program.
When I finished the icon for “Jewel Quest” was gone.
You needed that program for “ Jewel Quest”.
But there was no more Chrome Registration Error.
My addictive game had been the problem.
Well! I can live without it but I need Firefox.

News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Today is a waiting day.
The Methodist ladies are waiting for their Superintendent who will come this evening.
The town is waiting for the first performance of the Talent Show.
Artists on the Yellow Brick Road are waiting for some more observers and customers.
Petrovich is waiting to hear from CBS ( or that’s the rumor).
The people at the museum are waiting for Tommy UK to come and fix the White Rabbit.
Some tourists are sitting by the Lake of the Loons waiting for the whale to show up.
Nancy is waiting for a new supply of Saffron.
Tommy TW is waiting to hear from his publisher.
Mayor Trumble is waiting to pull off another big surprise.
Eino is waiting for all the things that have happened in Pigeon Falls to make sense.
Yep! Today is a waiting day.

14 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

Maybe you need to download and run Ad-aware.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

BOY! Chrome registration, huh? That's a NEW one to me... I hope that one misses me entirely! I don't play Jewel Quest -- though I did until my FREE TRIAL ran out... There are many other games LIKE it out there though... you may find another that doesn't interfere with your Firefox. I use Firefox too -- do they have their own games? I never go into see what "extras" are available -- I just want a good search engine!

NOW I see why Betty had to take Red Dragon to Bible study yesterday! Apparently he NEEDED to pester Lion! Now the problem with THAT is that Lion may show up at your HOUSE trying to get even with Red Dragon! Beware...

Eino has a long loooooooong wait I'm afraid! But... the mayor has a NEW big surprise?! Oh boy! I LOVE surprises! I think the dragons need to TORCH CBS!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Ahem, we are still waiting to find out if Tommy UK is really the undertaker's kid.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

I think I am kinda excited. Chrome on a computer. I know nowadays computers go fast but with chrome too! This could really change lives you know. We could finally really abandon the whole "my car makes my person" thing in America. I have been sensing that the switch was happening, that instead of people drooling and praising your car to your face and then criticizing it when they walked away; they are starting to do that in regards to your computer or lap top or ipod even. And what's cool about the computer, it is really a lot like a car, you don't need to know anything about it or how to really operate it, just like most of the car drivers in America. But the fact that there is now chrome involved... well, that is just down right revolutionary. I wonder if my computer has chrome? But I don't think I want to be registering it. I'm not good with paper work, even when it isn't really paper work cause it is all on the screen and never on a piece of paper. What then is that called? I always want to tell children who just want to talk my ear off that, "I have paperwork to do" but that is really kinda a lie cause there is no paper work involved - oops I digress. Dr. John, kudos on finding the replacement for the car. Hey, maybe this is the answer Obama is looking for, cause I hate checking my tires (I always think they are going to explode if I touch the stem thingy) and I don't think I am alone. Maybe, but not really, if everyone would just fess up.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I hate it when my computer says things like that - I never understand them.
I love my Firefox. I find it much more friendly than Internet Explorer, and I can use Ad-Block on it, because flashy ads drive me mad!
Love the wee dragon. It seems very well-behaved for a dragon.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Computers seem to have become that "Necessary Evil" with all the extras that come up and irritate us. In the System Configuration Utility you go to the Start Up menu. By unclicking the box for the program you don't want starting up when you start your computer this will stop the annoying window you dont like. YOu got to be careful though as you got to be sure you are stopping the right one. If you click on some important Microsoft item, you can keep your computer from starting up. Glad you got rid of the pesky "Chrome Registration" bug.

Another thing you can do is run the Anti-Spyware programs like Ad-Aware of Spybot Search and Destroy.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way to get rid of that dang Kodak pop-up is to uninstall the Kodak camera. Did you know that Kodak is designed to work with Mac software? Yep, Mac. It is just barely compatible with Vista, and that's where you get your problem. I wouldn't worry about it though if I were you, after all, neither of my Kodak cameras lasted for more than a year, so you won't have long to fuss over it.

Now I have a Canon Power Shot. It's software doesn't give me computer indigestion.

10:39 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

oh well, the more advanced the technology, the more trouble it gives.
glad you got rid of the bug... perhaps you could have asked one of your dragons for help?

1:17 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

Computer issues drive me nuts. I think that dragon is cute enough to where the lion won't mind being teased. I will, however, be sure to separate my dragons to avoid blood shed.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! When I do the Microsoft Cure my hubby gets so crazy because he's such a techie and I have absolutely no patience for that crap! I do the same thing and it's so funny but he gets so darn mad! This really made me laugh. He will get to the bottom of every computer issue but I don't have five hours for that...thank goodness we have four computers is all I can say.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

YOUR VBS is Friendship Trek too!!! WOW! How cool is that! Looks like those kids are having a grand old time -- and I like that so many adults seem to be involved! Is yours a FAMILY VBS? Ours is just the kids - but I really LIKE the idea of the whole family participating together.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Like you, I prefer Firefox against Explorer. I also used Opera. But since yesterday I have a similar problem, it is though not chrome but something else. And the Opera (which sofar worked good) continues to block. So I returned to Firefox. Which never gave any troubles.

And like me, you suffer from the same "disease": Senile Bed Escape". I am in front of my computer at 5 am every day.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steps to Fix FireFox "Chrome Registration" Error
(The Nuclear Option - THIS *REALLY* WORKS!!!)


1. Download/install Opera or make sure that you have Windows IE available before doing this because we are going to completely remove Mozilla FireFox and Reinstall it and you will need another functional browser while Firefox is gone.

2. Download CCleaner here: http://www.ccleaner.com/

3. Install CCleaner

4. Close Firefox

5. Open CCleaner
6. In CCleaner Navigate to "Tools"

7. In "Tools" navigate to "Uninstall" and uninstall Mozilla Firefox

8. REMOVE OLD DLLs: In CCleaner navigate to "Registry" and click "Scan for issues"

9. When scan is done, click "Fix selected issues"

10. Navigate to Microsoft "Start" button in lower-left of screen

11. Select "Computer" > "C:drive" > "Program Files"

12. In "Program Files" find the folder named "Mozilla Firefox"

13. Right-click and remove "Mozilla Firefox"

14. Navigate to your "Recycle Bin" and empty it

15. Shut down and restart your PC

16. Select "Computer" > "C:drive" > "Program Files" and make *SURE* that the "Mozilla Firefox" folder is not there. If it is, repeat previous steps...

17. Open Windows IE or Opera, google "Download Firefox" and reinstall it. (Here's the link: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html)

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home