Friday, May 22, 2009

Flash 55- Rough Youth

Today's Link
Every Blade of Grass

Today's Saying
Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Today's Picture
Melli's Birthday Gift


Flash Fiction 55 -Youth Brutality




The gang of ten year olds invaded my house and knocked me to the floor.

They stamped on my hands, my glorious hands. I can never, ever, use them again.

Now I am no good, not at all what I was before Who wants me.
Without my hands I’m not even any longer really a



clock.

Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the sixth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Sir Laughsalot , Knight of the Square Table was sent to Shearwood Forest to kill or capture Robberhood.
Laughing as he got on his horse he said , mostly to himself, “I would rather tickle the guy.”
This thought caused him to laugh so hard he almost fell off his horse, and the big horse didn’t even laugh.

Two Weeks ago Thursday I started a story which I thought would be done on Saturday but it spiraled out of control and is back today. I hope to finish it tomorrow.

The DA and the Mayor were at work when Ican and his men arrived at the house. The housekeeper was dully served with the warrant.
She called the Mayor , who became so angry the loyal staff thought he was going to have a stroke.
You can’t search my house, he said.
Ah! But they could.

To be continued tomorrow

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

Vivki East has gotten a group together to practice singing the Pigeon Falls song.
This year she wants it to be just perfect, not like last year where they messed up the coo coo coo.
Somebody sang whoo instead of co.
That sounds more like owls than pigeons and must not happen again.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.
Wrap UP
Just for fun we did the News from Pigeon Falls as a flash 55. A fairly good day. I visited all the flash 55 people that I could find. There are really creative people out there that can pack a lot into 55 words. In the afternoon Betty and I redesigned and rebuilt the hanging garden thing destroyed by the 40 mile per hour wind. Now we think it will hold up. If it doesn't my hanging plants will just have to learn to love the ground. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************************

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A clock...Oh my gosh...how clever. The horse didn't even laugh...too funny. And I'm so glad that they can search the house...wonder what the housekeeper is up to. I wondered why Pigeon Falls was so short...very nice. I hope you had a great birthday yesterday :)

1:21 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I loved the clock one! You caught me completely off guard!

And why do you have Melli's Birthday gift? Didn't you get one of your own?

1:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good flash readings, Dr. John!

2:53 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Today you paraded your fine sense of humor again!
How nice to get a TGIF smile this morning.

And I must steal today's saying..

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice twist on the flash fiction.

4:37 AM  
Blogger paisley said...

what a fun post... i think i should like to visit pigeon falls....

4:47 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I expected a surprise, but I didn't anticipate the actual ending.

5:12 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Great 55s. The clock rounded the first one off perfectly.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I knew SOMETHING was up - but I wasn't expecting a clock! Good one! And that is the SHORTEST Pigeon Falls update EVER! Wow....

I am sO wondering what Ican and his men are going to FIND at the Mayor's house! I can't wait for tomorrow!

The cookie arrangement was prettier on-line -- but I didn't know it came with a mug! I guess that's something! Makes sense... some coffee with a cookie would be SO yummy! Glad you had a good day - it was nice talkin' to ya too!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

Loved the clock!!!

now I have to find the rest of the story that is continuous!

6:36 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Woohooo - a mug filled with cookies!

Fabulous 55's everywhere - but leaving us in suspense like this - arghhhhh!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Don't you just hate how things spiral out of control and we lose all sense of time and space? Loved your flash55 and of course I have always loved your dragons, so I am going "HERE"
Sandi

9:08 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I have fierce competition for my twisty endings in you Dr. John! You got me completely with that one! LOL

9:10 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Such suspense! Great picture of you too!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

aaaaah, poor clock! wonderfully written!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Nicely done on the clock.

10:25 AM  
Blogger g-man said...

Very Nicely done Doc..
I can tell you've written a few things in your life..hehehehe
Thanks for your fine contributions, and as always, thanks for supporting our fellow 55ers.
Have a Wonderful Week-End...G

10:38 AM  
Blogger Amber Star said...

The flash 55 was very nice...not too long and not too short. It was just right. :)

What are you planting? I have a LOT of begonias to get in the ground and more tomatoes and some impatiens, and some pretty little flowers I don't know their names.
Happy planting.

12:45 PM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

Very nice. I liked the clock.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLI!!!:)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Gotta hand it to you- I didn't see that coming either!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

i only got that it was a clock when i saw the pic :) great 55.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Dr. John,
Neat twist, I would never have guessed a clock!!! Thanks for visiting...your encouragement is very welcome. :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Lovely bouquet of train cookies!
Your talent is a bit overwhelming today, with those Flash 55's and the CLOCK!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I loved the clock 55, nicely ended.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A clock of course! Great 55. ;-)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home