Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Quilly Day and the Sun Shines

Today's Saying

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb


It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.


Today I want to share with you one of my oldest blog friends.
She is witty, charming, has a cute daughter, and does very enjoyable posts.
Many who used to stop for coffee when I first met her no longer blog.
The neighborhood has changed.
But there’s Margaret.
She comes and goes.
But now she is back and at her best .
Give her a look.


(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

So the piano at the moment remains untuned . Mrs. Trumble has no idea how to find a sane person that talks to ghosts." Where?" she wonders , " Would you advertise for such a person." Perhaps one of the ghost groupies that keep coming in to hear the piano player would know. She'll have the museum attendant ask them.
The other possibility, a blind piano tuner , also seems impossible to advertise for. They wouldn't be reading the help wanted adds.
In addition to the piano nonsense, Petrovich's driblet, and the day to day tasks that come with being Mayor of Pigeon Falls Tommy UK is driving her nuts. He keeps asking her if she is sure his father is dead. She was sure but Tommy's constant pushing has begun to raise questions in her mind. Did she accept the man in black's explanation too quickly. Should she have pushed for more information? Perhaps, the next time he stops by ,and this latest Petrovich thing is almost sure to bring him, she will ask again about the end of Tommy's father.
Tammy , on the other hand, is telling Tommy to accept the fact that his birth father is dead and stop obsessing over it. She thinks he needs to grow up.

12 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I can't imagine staying freinds with someone whoo would let me walk around with dirt on my face!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I like the Today's Saying !

6:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But what about toilet paper on your shoe, or worse yet...out the back of your pants or skirt? That's a true friend, LOL!

Margaret seems very charming, I loved the poem she has posted today. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful blogging friends with us Dr. John.

God bless!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I'll check Margaret's blog out, thanks for the tip. :)

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tammy is wrong about Tommy's dad. I guess we will have to wait and see. I like the saying today :)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

How true about the Saying today, I went over and said hello to Margaret, liked the poem and cartoon she had posted today.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Poor Tommy. Poor Tammy too. It's HARD to be patient with someone you think is being unrealistic about things. But on the other hand... Tammy has grown up her WHOLE LIFE in Pigeon Falls... she should knOw better! I'm glad Mrs. Trumble is reconsidering... I think this MAY just lead somewhere!

I'm fixin to email you! Watch for it.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Thanks for the tip. I love today's saying too. Now- especially thank you for your advice- i'm tired of the same old story... but did you read yesterday's ? I think you would like that - or not (?)
Hugs

3:27 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thank you Dr. John. I miss you and the old bloggin' neighborhood. I'll have to get back into writing again - but in order to do that - I must "feed" myself first with good reading like yourself and Pigeon Falls. :)

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Quilly said...

I'm sure Tammy thinks she's being helpful, but has Tommy ever been wrong? Not to my recollection. Mrs. Trumble needs to ask more questions.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'll check her out!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah Tammy and Tommy, what can I say. Glad Margaret is back. Do I have dirt on my face? Hum...

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home