Thursday, July 02, 2009

One plus one equals one

Today's Link
My Daily Life as a Wife and Mother

Today's Saying
If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Audra Foveo

Today's Picture

A Picture Story from Portrait of Words
This story was written by Betty and I together. I would write a line and she would write a line. The only other rule was that neither of us told the other where we wanted to go but we both tried to work in the pictures of the day. Again as unbelievable as it may sound no wives or husbands were injured in writing this story. It is posted on both blogs.


With disgust Rex threw both the rope and the old drumsticks on the ever growing pile, filled with memories of long past days. Some of the items brought pain, memories such as the rope from his once owned yacht. The next item in the closet was that great big safety pin and as he took it out he began to cry. This was a wall decoration in his babies room. He could almost hear the baby cry and knew he would never hear it again.
He was questioning how he could begin anew, and removing the painful memories was a way to begin again. Over and over he could see the yacht exploding with his wife and baby on board.
Sue was offering a new beginning with her Sweet shop. They would be partners , he would make the baked goods while she served customers. She was a lady that always had a smile, and a get up and go attitude. "At least I will get out of this house" he thought as he put on his hard hat and walked through the never finished addition. "I should go and contact her to confirm, and then contact a realitor," he thought.
Sue was waiting for him as she hoped he could let go of the past and just maybe fall in love with her. She had cared for him since high school, but he had picked another lifestyle marring Joann the millionairess. Now she wanted to help him get over the guilt he felt, because he got carried away playing the drums, and was late getting to the boat.
He need not feel guilty, because she planted the bomb not knowing how much he cared for that woman and her brat.
News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Things did not go as planned . The cage for the trench needed a part that had to be brought in so it won’t be put in place until tonight. Both Eino and Tommy UK were disappointed. They wanted to see the cage in action. Last night several new creatures came through the door and wandered out into the woods.
Some of the Town Council were upset with Mayor Trumble for canceling the meeting. They felt the new Constable should have been hired already. But nobody want to argue with her since she donates those million dollar lottery checks to the town as they come in. He who pats the piper calls the tune is the old saying that would seem to apply.
The DNR would like to catch one of those big wooly elephants. They know they can be shot and killed and they are wondering if they can be drugged. So they have sent out two man teams. One man has an elephant gun and the other a gun that shoots needles with enough drug in each one to put an elephant to sleep.

Wrap UP
My oxygen count was up again today so I didn't need the oxygen tank to haul around except when we left the house. My grand kids are coming back tonight so I did my Friday 55 today and set it to be published tomorrow. Betty and I went shopping and got lost so we were gone longer than I expected. One of these days we will get a GPS. I will try to visit all the blogs that left comments yesterday. But now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************************

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I left on Betty's blog what a shocking ending. Rex has no clue what's in store...I guess that's love that knows no boundaries.

No wonder the Mayor has so much power...and the cage needs another part? hmmm wonder what it is and what kind of animals came through..

Well written as usual. You and Betty do such a good job at this :) Aloha

1:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Neat!

1:38 AM  
Blogger KB said...

I love the way you wrote the story together. I think I'll ask my hubby if he'd like to give that a try. Nicely done.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Oh my! Now I didn't see that coming! Well done you two!

And I don't want to see the wooly elephants shot and killed...oh my...

Sandi

5:32 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

How do I contact Rex??! I must warn him...before he is duped by those chocolate eclairs!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Am both disturbed and inspired by your & Betty's story... Great writing!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You amaze me! Love your roses too.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Sheeeeeesh! NO happy endings on that story! Somebody needs to warn him!


I just smell DISASTER coming with that dart gun!

He who pats the piper calls the tune? Never heard it - but what a GREAT idiom!!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Yup - the dart gun sounds like it is an accident waiting to happen. So I'll wait.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love when you and Betty write together. That Sue is a secret sticker. Will Agent 012 get her?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

You're not going to believe this Dr. John but I only just made the connection between you and Bettygram's blog. I never associated your Betty with that Betty - DOH!

Anyway I really enjoyed the story on both blogs. :)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Oh dear! The comment I put on your last story belonged on this one! That's what happens when one leaves for several days, then returns and reads all the back posts in one sitting!

As always, your stories ignote my imagination and make me smile. AND, I am glad Mayor Trumble decided to wait for Ican.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Why do I get the feeling there's going to be a lake around the cage?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Psssshhh! You were NOT lost.... you were on an ADVENTURE! If I had been there it would have been FUN!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home