Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday 55-Technological

Today's Link
India is a Curious Place

Today's Saying
The drive toward complex technical achievement offers a clue to why the U.S. is good at space gadgetry and bad at slum problems. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

Today's Picture
The Tomato plant-Still growing

Flash Fiction 55 -A Technological Mom

His name was George Smyth that was plain to see as it was written on the collar of every shirt he had in big letters.
His mother said it was the very latest thing, very modern.
He was the first in his group to have it.
Being ahead of the technological curve he had




collar ID.


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the seventh chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Because laughter is contagious and Sir Laughsalot laughed so loud Robberhood and his men also laughed. In fact they rolled on the ground in laughter.
Sir Laughsalot could have arrested them but he was laughing so loud he missed them.
For it is true that Laugh and crooks laugh with you, but weep then at home.

Three Weeks ago Thursday I started a story which I thought would be done on Saturday but it spiraled out of control and is back today. I hope to finish it tomorrow.
The story continues -You can see the first part HERE.

In his gut Chief Ican knew something wasn’t right but he couldn’t put his finger on it.
He replayed the events of the last few days over in his mind.
Then suddenly it hit him. He knew what was bothering him.
It was her face when he reached into her safe and pulled out the murder weapon.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

Not much happened in Pigeon Falls yesterday.
Eino is waiting for the video cameras and floodlights to come. They should be here today.
Willie says he saw a green man with arms on his head come out of the trench.
But then Willie had just left the Fly Inn and wasn’t exactly sober right then.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the ordinary introduction ended up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

Wrap UP
I spent a lot of time this morning visiting flash 55 blogs. What fun. Then I looked for battery run TV's with Google for my sister. Talked with her on the phone three times. Betty and I finally got the hanging garden thingy fixed so it didn't fall over. I visited the people who left comments yesterday. Now I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***************************************************

30 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Now wouldn't it be something if suddenly you became laconic and could write in no more than 55 word clumps? Why, if that were to happen I might even get you confused with Tony!

And I saw that same little green man Willie did, and I promise I was under the influence of nothing stronger than Dayquil.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 55's are just the bomb. I can so picture the crooks weeping at home. Collar ID is too funny. Poor Willie, first spiders now little green men. I think he's on to something myself :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I do NOT want a collar ID! Good one.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you tomato plant is getting bigger, and reaching forward for the sun.

2:43 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

A collar ID sounds scary. But you've enough heroes in your other stories to sort that one out, and I'm sure they'll measure up :-)
Enjoyed these.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Dr. John!!!!! That hilarity is the best medicine ever. Love it. Collar I D.

Come on over. Scroll down below my Show n Tell or use the link provided at the beginning of my Friday Blog to read my 55. Have a great weekend.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

Dr John, Oh! Dr John
I see you've made a hit
with Rinkly Rimes , way off in Oz,
she's talked of you a bit
in a special little poem,
that she's written just for you
I think that it will guarantee
a warm enbrace - whoo hoo!

4:37 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

We have a character with a severe case of collar ID here in Belgium too. It's true.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

collar id? collar id? mmmm, what a concept. very creative! now tell me please, where on earth is that tomato plant growing from???

5:22 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Seeing the success you seem to be having with the tomato plant growing quite nicely in that upside down fashion, I think as soon as my finances are refreshed for the next month on the 3rd (unless Social Security folds up between now and then) I'm going to look into investing in a holder to stake in the ground and get one of these upside-down growing contraptions. My luck with the tomato plants I bought a couple weeks back at our church women's spring "garden party" looked promising as the two plants I bought and brought home looked really nice, healthy, strong and yet, apparently my black thumb came into play and within four days, they died in my home. Looking for another way now to satisfy my longing for fresh tomato sandwiches later this summer and that may be my answer -grow them upside down. And I loved the "Collar-id" story! I'm a sucker for good puns.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, Sir, make me laugh. And that is very good medicine indeed!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Collar ID? ROFLMAO!!!! I love it!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You are the best Dr J.

That tomatoe plant is looking good.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Your tomato plant is doing LOVELY! PJ's is determined to grow up... and seems to be reaching for the shade! She has confused tomatoes!

I LOVE the Collar ID! TOO funny! Great play on words! I don't WANT one though!

Oh... Chief Ican can't go by facial expressions! She could be a great actress!

As weird as Pigeon Falls IS you WONDER how it ends up a 55??? I don't wonder about ANYthing to do with Pigeon Falls anymore! Whatever happens is self explanatory - just by the fact that it happens in Pigeon Falls!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

OK Collar ID I can pass on! hehehe

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Collat ID. I love it...!

I haven't had a chance to visit any of my favorite blogs lately, and now I have some catching up to do.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I meant collar ID. *sigh* :-)

Oh, drat -- now I have to do that word verification thingy again. *heh*

8:12 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Did you ever do the hanging tomato plant before? Does it really work?

9:09 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:42 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

speaking of Dragons, the other day I was at a friends house who owns alot of land. It was very dark out, no light anywhere. I was just standing in an open field and started thinking, what if there were dragons today? They would 'swoop' down and carry us off by the shoulders. We would be helpless!!! As I stood there in the dark with that thought, It became overwhelming, I had to go in. I didn't feel like being taken just yet.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I loved the collar ID story. When I read it last night, Amoeba wasn't home, but I opened it this morning and read it aloud to him. When I got to the punchline, he groaned. That meqans he is very jealous of your super-excellent pun!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

"Collar ID" totally cracked me up!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

"Collar ID" LMAO...where do you get this stuff from??? great!
Keep them coming

12:28 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Collar ID, it took a second read then Quilly's comments to realize the joke.

I really feel dumb, enjoying the laugh though.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I really have to start the 55 things. I promised I would. But with my running around here, there is not much time. But in August, when (who knows) I am REALLY retired, it might start to work.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

I've just been to India c/o you. I said you'd 'sent' me. What power you have! You put me on a flying carpet!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ok... so Mr. ManOfManyWords... HOW did you solve the hanging garden dilemma? Inquiring minds WANT to know!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou ! Thankyou ! Thankyou !

8:28 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Collar ID ...is he a blue collar or a white collar...

Lol!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha collar ID! Love it. ;-)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home