Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And the Winner is

Saying for the Day: Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it. ~Hannah Arendt

It's Tuesday and time to reveal what you all have been waiting for.
Okay! what some of you have been waiting for.
Alright! what a few of you have been waiting for.
Well! Art least what the writers have been waiting for.
Who won
Who gets to display theOrOr the

Before I give you the winners let me introduce the writers:
Story number one- Brea Linna ( My grand daughter)
Story number two- Lisa Heidle
Story number three- Charlene Amsden
Story Number four- Janet Nelson
Stories five and six- Lois Haglund

The seven judges were people from the St. Mark's congregation who don't read blogs. There task was simply to pick the story they liked best.
One writer got four votes.
One writer got two votes.
One writer got one vote.

The runner up with two votes was Lisa Heidle with story number two. She has the right to display on her blog or website the runner up symbol.


The winner with four votes was Charlene Amsden with story number three who now has the right to display the winner's symbol and will receive a plaque and a ten dollar gift card.

And now the writer's choice award. This is where the writer's themselves pick what they think is the best story.

I have discovered that writer's see things in a different way than ordinary people.

Every writer got one vote from another writer. That means we have a five way tie.

I found that so hard to believe that I went back and checked each E-mailed vote again and again.

So each and every writer has the right to display the writer's choice award.

News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Despite whales, dragons, white rabbits, sets of twins, men in black, fake FBI agents, and ghosts work on the museum goes on. Every effort is being made to have it ready for a Grand Opening the first week of Pigeon Days. There have been a few setbacks. Twice the workers have arrived only to find all of the Petrovich exhibit removed from its room and scattered all down the hall. The house was locked up tight. There was no sign of breaking and entering. So the general feeling is it was ghosts. But the workers are now ignoring them and just putting the Petrovich exhibit back in place. So far it is only Petrovich’s room that has had activity.
Tommy TN ( The Nerd) has set up an exhibit in the foyer as you enter. It has a mechanical dragon run by a computer that flies across the room. Of course, you can see the wires it rides on and it doesn’t spew fire but it’s still impressive. He has a model lake with a diving whale as well. The exhibit is called Pigeon Falls legends. Tommy TN is still fine tuning it but it will be ready on time.
Pastor Joan has decided she has to do something about Tommy UK and Tammy not talking to each other. They are both acolytes at Last Lutheran Church and are now refusing to acolyte at the same service. She has arranged to see both of them in the Church Office tomorrow.
The Petrovich’s have gone to Green Bay to get the babies baptized. Mrs. Petrovich’s mother came up to help on the trip. Her father will meet the train. The twins are doing very well. Petrovich says they are the cutest little girls he has ever seen. He is having trouble telling them apart.
*************

Today's Link-Allotment Lady-
This morning Betty went to Bible study then we went grocery shopping. I got the ingredients for a fancy bread I want to try. Then I read the latest issue of Classic Toy Trains or to be more exact I drooled through the latest issue. After that I worked a bit on the changes for Friday. Told part of this week's elf tale to my dragon who told me it was too convoluted. If there is anything I can't stand it's an honest dragon. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
Sunday at St. Mark's

  • 10 Comments:

    Blogger Dragonstar said...

    A five-way tie? What are the chances of that? I think an Elf has been busy.

    4:05 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    ROFL!!! 5 way tie! That is soooo funny! Congratulations to Quilly!!! And to Lisa too!

    Well now... there's a shocker! A Daddy thinking his babies are the cutest ever! I thought for sure he'd say they looked like pound puppies! I hope Pastor Joan knocks some sense into those two rascally kids... or at least into ONE of them! I have a feeling this discussion is going to bring out more discussion of The Secret though... and is this the first time we've MET Tommy TN? How many TOMMY's can one town handle??? And where's his mechanical "reproduction" of the white rabbit?

    5:58 AM  
    Blogger Janets Planet said...

    Tommy TN. I would have thought that Tommy UK could be called that too.

    Wonder if the ghost of Gregnicov will show up and battle the ghosts that are messing up with his "room".

    6:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats to the winners!

    7:58 AM  
    Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

    Congratulations to the Winner and the Runner Up, and to everyone who entered a story

    9:33 AM  
    Blogger jmb said...

    A most satisfactory answer to the Writer's choice award if you ask me. Congratulations to every one for taking part.

    12:44 PM  
    Blogger Family Man said...

    Congrats to all writers, and to you for hosting such a creative contest!

    1:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The judges, I am certain, are wise and wonderful people ....

    Seriously, thank you. I didn't think my story was the best and am truly surprised to hear I am the winner. I love the 5 way tie for writer's choice -- it somehow seems just and fair.

    Please tell Bree I loved her story and wanted it to win. I have read many children's compositions and hers is grand. She must take after her grandpa.

    1:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dr. John -- do I get to display the 2008 Best Story Award? I am wondering because you didn't send it to me. You sent me TWO copies of the writer's choice award. I'd hate to claim something that isn't, so I am putting my post up without it.

    6:26 PM  
    Blogger yanmaneee said...

    michael kors purses
    louboutin shoes
    vans shoes
    coach bags sale
    adidas yeezy
    converse outlet
    jordan shoes
    adidas ultra boost
    ferragamo belt
    curry 4

    8:19 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home