Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Liberals Lie?

Today's Link
The Breda Fallacy

Today's Saying
The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide

Today's Picture

I am so upset. I have discovered that liberals lie.
I already knew that conservatives lie.
My liberal friends are always pointing that out.
No conservative has any respect for the truth. And the worst of them Fox New, Rush and Glen haven’t told the truth in years and are just plain evil.
But at least the liberals still told the truth.
They might at times be very hateful but they always spoke the truth.
But now along comes the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.
She has been caught lying about what she knew about the CIA’s use of waterboarding. To cover the first lie she has had to tell more lies.
It is sad to watch her.
I want to shout out what my mother used to say when I would lie to her.” You can tell a more believable lie than that if you really try.”
I mean she is the Speaker of the House after all. She has talent.
But she looks like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar saying “ Ma, that isn’t my hand” and then shifting to “ The devil made me do it.” In this case the devil is the CIA.
This makes me so sad. I wanted to believe that liberals who are so righteous would never lie like the evil conservatives.
I knew , of course, of liberal Keith Olbermann taking real facts and using them to support false conclusions but that isn’t the same as lying. Besides he’s part of the media and we all know they lie.
But a dyed in the wool, top of the line liberal like Nancy lying to us. I never thought it possible.
Perhaps she believes that if she says something it is true because she said it. She knows what’s best for us. She’s a liberal, after all.
Sort of like President Nixon saying when the President does something for the people it can not be against the law because the President did it.
But then he was a conservative, sort of.
But don’t worry. The true believers will continue to believe her.
They will see a gigantic conspiracy to get her.
But me, I’m just going to sit here and be sad.
There is nobody left to believe.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
The Liar’s Club met last night. Buddy East announced that they should be thinking of a theme for this year’s Liar’s Club Story Contest. So far people have suggested:
Dragons ( they always suggest dragons)\
Life in a Small Town
Funny Parades
Animals in strange places
Fairies
Alien Visitors
It Happened in a Bar
A committee was appointed to decide on prizes worthy of such a distinguished body.
A committee was appointed to clarify the rules.
Buddy reminded them that the club was open to outside suggestions.
They want this year to be the best year ever.
There will be two contests. One for local residents and one for people on the internet. But both will have the same theme.
Wrap UP
Readers can suggest themes for the story contest in a comment. Not the greatest day in the world. We lost in the bidding for the old family home. We just couldn't go over $16,000 and it went for $ 17,000. My sister sounded so sad when I told her. Then the forty mile and hour wind gusts knocked over our hanging plants. After that I got the Wal Mart cart stuck in the entrance to the handicapped bathroom. But everything is okay now. I visited everyone that left a comment yesterday and the day before. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************************************

26 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I think one of the first lies ever told (after Adam and Eve's "the snake did it")was probably told by a fisherman, Dr. John, so please give the Liar's Club my suggestion for a fish story.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

I saw your comment on Napple Notes and thought I'd like to visit. Now I have.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I think all sides lie, and they do it to cover their own bum. I can't think of any politician that ever told the truth, it is part of what they do.

I guess I shouldn't really comment on your blog about your politician, just look to the North and above the 49th, we now have a former Prime Minister lying through his teeth before a Government Inquiry.

Oh well, one day we will all have to stand before the Lord and account for our actions here on Earth.

A Blessed day is wished for you and Betty.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm Liberals never lie? "I did not have sex with that woman" Looking straight into the camera...hmmm i guess I misunderstood that. Pelosi is a swine. I suggest The Bottom Of The Deep Blue Sea as a theme...or maybe we can do one on Lies & Truths?!?!?!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I suppose I have a very jaded opinion on politicians but I have, for many years, believed they all lie! Dems, Reps, Indys, Greens -what other parties are there? The all lie as it comes with the turf. After all, when you have to talk out of both sides of your face or to twist your words so that what you are for, you have to sound like you are against or not fully for, in order to get and keep those all important votes, turns them all -eventually -into masterful liars then. I just go with the one whose lies I like the most.

2:37 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

From my experience, most politicians lie, despite their leanings left or right.
A good coincidence that you're having a go at the Speaker at the same time that in the UK the Speaker has just been forced to resign - the first time in 300 yrs.
It might be catching :-)

3:17 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Sorry that you are feeling bummed out by the Pelosi denials. Regrettably, all politicians lie. Heck, when you really come down to it, all of us lie. I don't think I really have anything to say. I 'm feeling as bummed out as you are.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Buddhist friend of mine went apoplectic(very un-Buddhisty)when I pointed out uhm, blatant untruths in the writings of a Venerable Buddhist Teacher. I wasn't slamming the teacher; I was surprised that when a biography type article was done on him, so many things proved false. I'm thinking Buddhists lie, & liberals lie, & conservatives lie, & it is more about a personal moral compass than it ever is about associations outside of that.
~Mary

4:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~ Will Rogers

4:15 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Dr.John...You are a man of principles and your mother did teach you well by saying what she said to you at a young age...It permanently damaged your brains.!lol... This is a good post but...it's also turning out to be funny...by that I mean humorous...look at what Thom said: I did not have SEX with that woman...was Clinton lying...No I don't think he was. I think in his heart of hearts he thought she was having SEX with him...not the other way around... He was somehow forced to go through the act...he was so irresistable, he got orally taken by an intern as he was lost for words.
Pelosi...well she's Italian...lol
Lies everywhere, truths everywhere, so-so's everywhere..it is up to each one of us, individually, to find the truth with the help and guidance of God and his Angels.
Oops...sorry guys...didn't mean to give a sermon here...

5:48 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Seems like the two sides lie about different things. The conservatives lie about how fiscally conservative they are, meanwhile spending our kids' money, but not putting it into the budget. And they lie to their spouses, then get divorced. The liberals lie about how much they will help the poor, how money can just be created, and sneak around their spouses' backs, but fess up, and stay married. Two sides of the same rock. Which side of the rock is on the bottom so that when we pick it up, it is full of bugs and worms?

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you sound surprised! But then, you are a positive-thinking man.


PS: My word verification is "corkstab." I think there might be a story in that for the liars club.

6:27 AM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

When you have to represent so many people who are so diverse in thinking, you can't be the person that you are inside, to please every one.If you are ethical and truthful you won't get the votes. This is a shame because being who you are is what makes you a leader, to set an example for people to follow.
Politics is about getting votes, a job and a pension and the vote is fickle.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

So, it was your MOTHER who inspired you to be the "story teller" you are today!

I think this years Liars Club should have 10 words that must be used in it! - but that the story should not have a theme! NOOOOO! I did NOT just suggest that! *smacks self* That was my alter-ego making such a HORRIFIC suggestion! I will have to think on this...

It's almost noon... it's almost noon... it's almost noon...

7:26 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Power corrupts! Corruption corrupts! Money creates Power! It's a vicious circle. The word Politician means-Blood Sucking Tick, look it up... (the WORD itself--not the definition.)

The problem in the United States is that we have almost totally succeeded in removing God from all aspects of our lives. All we will have left is a unMoralistic -void of Value-population.
I have lost faith in the Government long ago. I can't tell you how long it has been since I voted for a President because I liked him & what he stood for! We are told exactly what Politician's believe we WANT to hear. (Not the truth at all) For many years now, I vote for the lesser of 2 evils, I vote to keep certain people out of office!

After they take office--they still lie. The play major events down, ...like Swine Flu-- It's a pandemic... Look it up. But yet, they say very little about it. hmmmm, why is that?


This subject is a whole other blog! hahahahaaaa......

8:21 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

'lie with sincerity' you say... you've burst my bubble. but you're right. i know you're right...

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

That is one happy dog....

11:25 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Sounds like our Government - damn liars the lot of them!

11:38 AM  
Blogger aims said...

.....and the contest has to include the line - "I kid you not".

11:45 AM  
Blogger Bz said...

Conservatives 'evil'? Hmmm.
Well.. uhh... regardless, that looks like one happy pooch!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I wouldn't want any of their jobs. Obviously honesty isn't a prerequisite.

and lol, my word verification is "finkm"

2:28 PM  
Blogger plinna said...

When did Rush or Glen or Fox news lie? People say that and never back it up. We know that Bill Clinton lied to us and his wife. We know that Global Warming is a lie. I saw a commercial saying polar bears are drowning. Polar bears are excellent swimmers. We know that a liberal Government lied when they said social security is a safety net and then spent the money on wasted projects. I can't believe that we are even talking about the goverment running health care. I can believe that Pelosi lied. I can't believe that she still has a job. If it was a republican they would be gone.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhh NOOOOOO! $1000 bucks off? Awwwww... that is just sooooo SAD! The person who got it couldn't possibly have a personal connection with it like you do... But... I'm sure you prayed on it, and "no" is an answer. Not one we LIKE... but... maybe that house is FULL of termites! I'm sure God knows what He was doing.

Wow... you just really didn't have a good day today. Did you step in GUM or something? (dog poo?) I hope tomorrow is a (MUCH) better day.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow, you did have a rough day....perhaps tomorrow will be better since it will be your birthday. Eat cake!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

It's a long time ago that I had learned that all politicians whatever party they belong too are liers. They have to, otherwise they wouldn't be in politics. You can't be honnest. The fact that I speak and understand 4 languages allows me to listen to the news in other countries of the world. And I can tell you, they all say the same lies. Of course in this case it is especially hard, it is concerning torture, this is unbelievable that it happened under our eyes (not ours but I am sure the politicians of the whole world knew it, but didn't dare to say a word !) Dirt has to be put under the carpet, so everything looks clean and nice !

If you have time read my post today. I just could explode so furious I am ! It concerns the husband of my best friend who died of a colon cancer in February.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I'm really sorry that you didn't get your old family home. I know that much more than the price, it had great sentimental value for you and your sister.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home