Monday, May 25, 2009

A Good Meme

Today's Link
Another Black Conservative

Today's Saying
The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. ~H.L. Mencken

Today's Picture
Memorial Day 2009


In my ongoing attempt to share who I am with you I came across this meme.

I. Did you do any sort of research in the last week?
Yes I Blingoed

a.Was it for work or play?
For my blog

b. Learn anything you’d care to share?
A good clock picture is hard to find

c. Do you have a hunger for knowledge or are you more passive?
Depends on the day.

d. Do you like the learning (aka school?)
Love learning but hated school


2. Was there anything in this past week that you couldn’t wait to be done with?
Oh! Yes

a. If so, what?
Rebuilding the hanging garden stand

b. Did you clear it out of the way or will it face you once the new week resumes?
It’s out but no plants on it yet

c. Do you now know how to prevent such a thing from occurring in the future?
Keep all plants on the ground


3. Have you forgotten anything in the past week?
Of course I’m old. What do you expect?

a. If so, what?
I don’t know. I forgot.

b. Are you usually scatter-brained or more organized?
Well I’m not organized if that’s a clue.

c. Do you use any sort of planner or agenda for your dates?
Then I would be organized wouldn’t I.

d. What do you feel about the phrase “forgive and forget?”
The older you get the easier it becomes.


4. In the past week have you played any games?
Yes

a. What were they?
Canasta, Ricochet –Lost Worlds

b. Do you often play games?
Once a week

c. What are your favourite types? (Board, card, video, other)
Card

d. What is your all time favourite game?
Canasta

e. Have you ever set/broken any game records?
You have to kidding. I’m lucky if I win once in a great while.

f. Are there any games which are a family tradition?
Black Jack during the holidays and canasta


5. In the past week, have you made or gone to any appointments?
Yes

a. If so, what were they?
To have a lift put in the car

b. Do you generally live on schedule or are you more of a walk-in type of person?
Walk in type person

c. If you make an appointment do you try to show up early, on time or fashionably late?
Always early if I can get Betty moving


6. Do you watch American Idol?
NO!

a. Have you ever auditioned for American Idol?
You have to be kidding. Never

b. Did you actually vote for an American Idol contestant?
No, Since I never watched.

d. Do you watch any other reality or contest TV shows?
No they are too unreal.

7. Are you a picky eater or do you eat everything?
Picky

a. What food do you like best?
Saffron buns ( At least today)

b. What food don’t you ever eat?
Tomatoes

c. What vegetables do you like?
Raw carrots, radishes, peas fresh from the pod, and corn on the cob ( Did you know broccoli can kill dogs )

d. What would a good meal consist of ?
Meat, potatoes, saffron buns, ice cream ( strawberry) and coca cola.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Since last Wednesday they have filled in the trench behind the Town Hall twice but it keeps coming back. Eino has asked a friend from the State Highway department to come and look at it. He thinks it might be one of those sink holes one reads about since there are Iron Mine tunnels under Pigeon Falls. His friend is an Engineer in what Eino calls the DMI ( Department of Maximum Inconvenience) . This is the group that decides where road work will go so that as many people as possible can’t get where they want to go without time consuming detours. The Engineer is supposed to arrive some time today.
Last night Wille the town drunk, left the Fly Inn at about 2:00 in the morning . He swears he saw this big spider like thing with a zillion legs ( Willie’s words) coming out of the trench. But when Willie has been drinking , which is most of the time, he tends to see things that aren’t there. In any case he staggered home as fast as he could and bolted the door. He didn’t see where the creature was going.
Tommy UK had a horrible weekend. He and Tammy had to light candles together at Last Lutheran Church. The chill in the air between them was even noticeable by Pastor Joan. She is now reworking the acolyte schedule so they won’t be assigned to the same service.

Wrap UP
Spent some time this morning giving thanks for those who served and praying for a day when we will make war no more. Pennie went to the parade. In the afternoon we went to Country Buffet for lunch then we went to see Star Trek. We really enjoyed it. When we finally got home I visited some blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************************************

19 Comments:

Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

These were good answers Dr John, I could see that "tongue in cheek" with some of them.

I may even do this one.

1:26 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Definitely good answers. And a definite humour coming through, too.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

So good to get to know you a little better, although I already knew what you were going to answer to some of the questions before I read your answers. It's funny how well one gets to know one another through blogging, isn't it?

2:23 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love your picture. Happy Memorial Day.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I did not know that about broccoli, and when I had Shepherds we always mixed vegetables in with their food & they loved it. Hmmm, I am almost certain they got some broccoli back then, since we ate it & did not know that.

I am a big HL Mencken fan; could read him all day.
Haaa on it is really hard to find a good clock picture. I never tried, but I do know it is very hard to find a good "hair" picture if you want your hair cut a certain way. ~Mary

7:40 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I don't think I learned a thing...

I have researched! I have been trying to find where you obtained one of the graphics in your collage! I believe I MADE it, but I can't find it - not on my own blog, NOR on my old website. And when I googled it didn't come up either... Now I'm PERPLEXED!

Giant SPIDERS? Ew! I'm staying AWAY from Pigeon Falls until THIS matter is cleared up! And Pastor Joan might as well not bother... by the time she gets them separated, they'll be back together again! Crazy kids...

8:15 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Jewl eats broccoli ALL the time... she's still alive. She eats chocolate and grapes too! She's nine years old!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This meme is like the A to Z meme - long...I forgot what I read up top as well. LOL Just kidding. So Willie is back and seeing spiders huh? hmmm. I don't think Pastor Joan can keep Tommy UK and Tammy apart as much as she tries.

9:19 AM  
Blogger aims said...

All of a sudden I am wondering if Pigeon Falls has anything to do with your real life. I think it's the Tammy and Tommy thing.

Answers?

10:39 AM  
Blogger aims said...

btw - I didn't buy the dog painting - just got it on my camera. (I've already got a pic of my long-diseased dog hanging in the laundry room)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Nice tribute Dr. John.

I liked the meme - I didn't know broccoli can kill dogs! :0

11:24 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Yes, well, I know many little boys who think broccoli can kill them, too! Do not serve it at camp unless you want to be the most unpopular person in the kitchen!

Huge spider like creature ... shudder ... I believe I tossed one of it's relatives out of my pantry the other day. If they aren't poisonous, Amoeba won't let me kill them. My preference is to kill them, then find out whether or not they're poisonous later.

I must go get ready! We are having friends over today - and two bloggers will be in the crowd -- four counting Amoeba and me!.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

You are an interesting person and you are right, you're picky. That's not a bad thing, you've earned the right to be picky.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

a pronounced sense of humor..good to hear you are better
Love the tribute.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I love saffron buns too. In Switzerland we call them cujaule.

How is Ella doing?

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

How are we supposed to know what we forgot?

6:16 PM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

Very good answers Dr. John.lol

Interesting about the broccoli.
Maybe the little dogs would be hurt more by it than the big ones.
Mine sometimes sneak in a piece of chocolate and I wouldn't blink an eye in giving them food with broccoli. I rather give plate leftovers to the dogs than to throw it away.
hmmm.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I did not know that broccoli could kill dogs. Learn something new every day. And I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Star Trek film. As a long time fan, I thought it was fantastic. :)

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good Midwesterner to love card games! And I loved your Memorial Day collage.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home