Friday, April 10, 2009

The Outsider

Today's Link
Shoebee's Happenings

Today's Saying
I don't know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too. ~Missy Altijd

Today's Picture
Cousin Mary's Wedding-Flower Girl is my sister Dawn

Flash Fiction 55 -The Outsider





The outsider was ruining my life.
He took her love from me. I want it back.
He pushed in here like he belonged. She used to kiss me like she kisses him.



They say I will learn in time to like him. To forget that he ruined my life.
After all he is

my baby brother.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Yesterday at 4:30 Mark, Herman , and Tommy UK, with his rock, met in front of the museum. Sensing the power of both Tommy and Herman Mark decided to do something unique. He decided to tell the truth. He explained to them that he was from a different world in a future time and he didn’t know how he got here. He had been trying to figure a way back with no luck. But now he thought that the two of them using their power could, perhaps, send him back. He needed to leave before the dragons got him.
Tommy UK said that he would need a picture of the place that Mark wanted to go before he would dare activate his power. So Mark created a vision for Tommy and Herman of the last place and the last planet he remembered. Both Herman and Tommy sensed that getting Mark from here to there was going to take a tremendous amount of power, possibly more than they had.
Tommy suggested they move to an open lot near town before trying to unleash that much power. If anything went wrong they would end up destroying trees and not buildings. Once at the field Tommy had Mark stand in the center and recreate the vision over his head. Then Tommy and Herman stood at right angles to him and began . Herman could feel the power flowing to Mark as could Tommy. Mark began to shake but it was becoming obvious that even the two of them together didn’t have enough power. That’s when the sudden huge power surge came from opposite Tommy and Mark disappeared hopefully on his way back.
When Tommy and Herman looked not only was Mark gone but there seemed to be no one and nothing where the power surge had come from.

Wrap UP
The dragons are joining today you can see them HERE.
A good day but Betty is still hurting. I wrote my poem a day. I wish I could really write poetry but I do what I do. Alex cooked breakfast. We moved my breathing treatment to the kitchen so Betty doresn't have to run back and forth. In the afternoon Patrick came and we went to the show, There was Patrick, Pennie, the three boys and I . Betty stayed home. We are expecting a guest tomorrow so we went and bought her an Easter dress so she will look nice in Church with us. She is coming from Las Vegas and so may find it a bit cold here. My grandsons are looking forward to her coming. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment then we are going to Church.
GBYA
******************************************

26 Comments:

Blogger Shadow said...

what a twist on your 55. i love it!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great 55. And what a way to end it

1:52 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Not the post I expected today..

I'm going to try a 55 story one of these days.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Awwww... I just love your 55er this week! You just do that SO well!

I sure hope Mark ended up back where he meant to be. I wonder WHAT that other power was?

5:08 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Ah sibling rivalry - very well written Dr. John.

Mine's up too.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

What a wonderful 55 Dr.J.
Well done!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Love this 55 Dr. John!!!! Brothers...I agree, it's a love hate rivalry...but more love than...well, you know, the other.

I'm here to send my wishes to you, that you have a wonderful, peaceful Easter holiday. If you don't observe, have a great weekend!!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

Hey, Dr. John. I have to tell you that a comment you made on Marlene's blog really has me thinking. I realize that I usually "preach" at people I pray for instead of asking the Lord to bless them. I am still struggling with this. More specifically, how do you ask the Lord to bless someone who seems so far from Him? Do you have a post about this?

6:27 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I just read yesterday's wrap up... I hope Betty is feeling better today. I wish I was there THIS week so I could help out.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Clever, clever 55...I love it. :))

7:26 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Very very good twist at the end of your Flash 55! lol

8:13 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Ha!
I loved this 55 Dr. John...
You are getting pretty good at these brother. I very much appreciate your enhthusiasm and creativity. And the fact that you are bringing other talented folks into joining the Friday Fun..
Have a Very Happy Easter...Galen

9:01 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Very clever! How did I not see where that was going? Loved it! How long does it take you to write these?

Have a Happy Easter!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous ciara said...

fantastic 55. i'm sure lots of siblings have felt like that!

mine is up here

55

9:21 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Oh! I'm going to miss Mark!

Loved your 55 Dr. John. I'm seeing that right now with the baby girl and older brother I'm babysitting occasionally. It's just the way of life isn't it?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Great flash 55. Very surprising.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Your flash 55 brought back a memory. When my niece came home from the hospital with her second child, the whole family flocked to her house. As we piled from the car, everyone but my brother and I headed for the new baby.

We went to the baby's 4 year-old sister who was standing apart from the melee and sat down on the floor with her. She climbed into my brother's lap and put her head on his shoulder. I asked, "So, how do you like your baby brother?"

My great niece looked at me very seriously and frowned. She said, "Well, he's kind of cute, and mostly he smells nice, but other than that, I hate him."

10:03 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

what a great 55! love it.

and more mystery in pigeon falls...

10:06 AM  
Blogger lime said...

those baby brothers do have a way of rearranging life don't they?

11:07 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

*whispers* do you have a little visitor yet?

11:09 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Fabulous 55!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

That is so true! I remember how my sister was soooo jealous of me for a long time after I was born!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Love your Flash 55, Dr. John! Well done!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud at my blog with your comments! Thanks! Although, I feel I should say, Hello, my name is Meredith Teagarden and I'm a blogaholic :0, after reading your response!

I really enjoy the pictures you post and the words you wrote about your brother. It could have been the beginning of a book!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I was impresed with your Flash Fiction 55 - although, forgive me for saying so, it was in some ways more like Flash Fact 55...

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home