Thursday, April 02, 2009

Another Quilly Story

Today's Link
Robynn's Ravings

Today's Saying
Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
~Thomas à Kempis


Today's Picture
Crystal Falls H0 Layout

It is Quilly day. Time to take Quilly’s three words for the day and write a story. The words are propinquity , susurrus , nescience . Click on a word for a definition.

Tony Big Ears Kallio was once the crime boss of all greater Marquette County in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula but now he was just another old man at another senior citizen center. Today he was at the Ishpeming center where his snail Hessa One had as usual won the snail race . He loved Hessa One as it never lost. Today the pot was even larger than usual and he pocketed $21.13. It was a grueling race 25 Centimeters long and took the snails two hours to complete. Hessa One had shot out to a millimeter lead and never looked back. Tony said you could hear the susurrus it made as it raced along. It was hard to believe there was any kind of propinquity between it and the other snails. Of course it was the nescience of the other seniors that allowed Hessa One to keep winning. Nobody ever thought of a drug test for snails.

And of course with Quilly's words comes the required quivel. Remember to write quivel you must write something that looks like a poem, any style , but is so bad that if it was printed in a book of poetry a true poetic zoilist would tear it out and burn it. What looks like bad haiku is really qiku where the middle line must always contain a Quilly word.

Propinquity to flowers caused the sneeze
Sternutation after sternutation made a breeze
Not a susurrus the resulting sound
Shook like an earthquake the ground
Nescience always has a cost
Learn to stop or just be lost.
For allergies you take a pill
sneeze no more then you will.

Close
Propinquity
Lovers

Mouse
Susurrus
Squeak

Christian
Nescience
Jewish

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Seeing the weapons posed on the White Rabbit those town people in the museum started to protest,but were cut off by the commanding voice of the leader of the men in black. They were in charge.
The big blow did not move the men in black, so the White Rabbit, or the being posing as the rabbit used his ability to freeze or immobilize the men in black and others in the museum. Gathering all the weapons he attached them to the ceiling and then hid behind the Native American display. That completed he returned them to normal.
Confusion showed in the faces of up to now stoic men. The White Rabbit was not where they had just seen it. Their weapons were missing. The visitors from the city moved to the door , but did not go out. A search began. The men in black never looking up finally found the rabbit confronting it weaponless. Their machines hummed loudly.

Wrap UP
Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.
Or you can scrool down and see my poem for a day in April poems.I visited people that used Quilly's words then I copied next week's words and looked up their meanings.Betty and I gave Maggie her flea treatment which she just hates. Watched the President's news conference from England. Visited all of the blogs that commented yesterday and left comments. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
************************************

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG a snail drug test. That is hysterical. As usual you use the words very well.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Ravn... said...

I wish I had my own fantasy world to escape to when life gets to rough with me...

So far... can I borrow yours?

love Ravn

2:39 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Pigeon Falls is getting exciting.

And, I love your Quivel so I must not be a real poet.

And, and, your nagging paid off, Dr. John. Go see. You will be pleased.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love living vicariously through your blog posts...they always take me away into the best places.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You are such an awesome writer Dr. J!
Todays saying says alot!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhh I positively LOVE the saying for the day today! I need to hang that on my wall!

You know Dr. ... it occurs to me that you have a bit of a dark side to you! WHO would EVER think of drugging a SNAIL!? ROFL!

I forgot about Quillyisms again ... now I have to go write something ELSE!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love today's quote. Meaning taken because I surely can't get myself right where I want, but I am trying...
I want my own little land in the basement ;-)~Mary

8:24 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

drugged snails! priceless :)))

8:54 AM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

Oh, Dr. John! Where do you always find those wonderful quotes?

9:25 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Snails on steroids? Yikes!

Love the pic Dr. John. I noted the date and thought of all the wonderful years you've had playing trains.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

The thought of the snail needing a drug test cracked me up, too!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Oh my? I was so into the snail race that the dug test remark caught me off guard :) I am so glad you made Robynn your blog of the day and think you and your readers will find her terribly amusing and witty!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

A drugged snail. Very funny. Loved your quivel. Pigeon Falls is having quite a day!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Connie T. said...

You are so good with stories and words. I have never even heard of those 3 words.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Robynn's Ravings said...

LOVE your pithy quotes of the last few days and they are, without doubt, veridical.

Your story was grand and who could have forseen the pharmaceutical perfidiousness? What a twist!

Thank you for featuring me today. I have absolutely no idea why but I'm am flattered you found me worthy.

Vicky, one of your admiring readers, sweetly alerted me to this honor. I am humbled and grateful. :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

You'll have everyone running to their local senior citizens' center with stories like that. Snail races that take 2 hours to cover 25 centimeters. Better than Vegas! LOLOL Quivel fantastic as always. :)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

A snail drug test could be important. Specially for people who eat them.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

That was sooo funny - snail races - and the names are great.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Oh, Dr. J, you have a prodigious talent for writing. I loved your 3WT, as well as the quivel and qiku. You are writing so well that you are risking being no longer within the constraints of your own rules. The zoilists may be loving your poetry here.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home